• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

breastpumps?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:38 PM
  • 11 Replies
so i cant decied between two pumps maybe you mamas can help out and tell.me what one you would like would be the best
medela harmony manual pump
medela swing pump

i dont need an expensive pump since i would only be pumping to store milk only for the time i would be gone and know baby would need to eat.since im a SAHM i wont be using the pump that much but i still want one thats going to work right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MakisMama
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Between the two, I would go for the swing pump. I used the Medela pump in style and I loved it! Even if you won't be using a pump often, I'd still highly recommend the pump in style. Congrats and good luck! I'm assuming that this is your first. I breastfed DS until 14 months, and I'm a working mom, so I was using the pump constantly!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyFlood
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:02 PM
If you want a less expensive option you can try the Almeda pumps. They are hospital grade and less expensive. I believe mine was the Purely Yours or something like that. It was a double pump. I loved it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kathislove80
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:06 PM
I wouldn't recomend the manual Medela one, I own it and its a pain to have to pump it by hand! I have to pump for at least 15 minutes to get something decent, and I can't use a manual one. Even if you are only using it occasionally I would reccomend something else.

Personally, I bought an Evenflo Simply Go for $40.00 at Wal Mart. It works great and the price was right. Something like that would be perfect for you. You can plug it in or it can be powered on batteries.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmymunchkins3
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:09 PM
this is my 3rd there were complacations with my last two that stopped me from being about to bf.i tried pumping with my last but was givin bad info my milk dried up before he even came home.but i rented a pump i have never bought one

Quoting MakisMama:

Between the two, I would go for the swing pump. I used the Medela pump in style and I loved it! Even if you won't be using a pump often, I'd still highly recommend the pump in style. Congrats and good luck! I'm assuming that this is your first. I breastfed DS until 14 months, and I'm a working mom, so I was using the pump constantly!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmymunchkins3
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:12 PM
that one and the swing are the same price. ill have to check reviews

Quoting MommyFlood:

If you want a less expensive option you can try the Almeda pumps. They are hospital grade and less expensive. I believe mine was the Purely Yours or something like that. It was a double pump. I loved it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beaugrl0824
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Got mine through an influencer. It was awesome, my sister used it and now my sil. And they love it too

I'll also add I used a pump in style for 6 months total and the purely yours was a thousand times better.

Quoting MommyFlood:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyFlood
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:17 PM
Are they really? When I had one (over three years ago though) they were much cheaper than the Medella! In that case I'd definitely go with th Medella swing. Manual pumps take forever, even for stored milk. And honestly, before I bought the Ameda, I had an evenflo double electric I paid less than $50 for and it worked great until it broke. I exclusively pumped though and I don't think it was designed to be used 8-10x a day. I definitely got my $50 worth!

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

that one and the swing are the same price. ill have to check reviews

Quoting MommyFlood:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyFlood
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:19 PM
I think you can see if your insurance might cover a pump as well? I could have swore I read on here some insurance companies cover the cost of a rental (which would be hospital grade)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmymunchkins3
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:20 PM
i dont have insurance

Quoting MommyFlood:

I think you can see if your insurance might cover a pump as well? I could have swore I read on here some insurance companies cover the cost of a rental (which would be hospital grade)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyFlood
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:22 PM
No to get super personal (and you don't have to answer) but if you're on WIC I think they cover too.
My mom did it with a manual and swears by it. I'm just impatient :)

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

i dont have insurance

Quoting MommyFlood:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)