• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DVD players on dash boards? Watching while driving

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:40 PM
  • 28 Replies
What are your thoughts on them. My friend has one and she said she uses it for road trips when it is just highway driving. She said she watches a movie as driving. What are your thoughts? I am getting a dash mout but it will be for the passenger not the driver and in fact will be pointed away from the driver
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cdi
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:43 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matofour
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Hmmm
Ous only works when the vans in park.
Unless its a portable one, from my understanding the built in ones only work when the cars in Park.
Ours also is where our back up camera is (same screen).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:52 PM

We had one in DH's last car, and Expedition. It was great for ME when we were driving. He did not watch the movie, as the driver. Also, the kids said it had a better picture than the one they had in the back seat, so sometimes, they would watch the one in the dash.

cdi
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:52 PM
It is a portable one and she bought a dash board mount

Quoting matofour:

Hmmm

Ous only works when the vans in park.

Unless its a portable one, from my understanding the built in ones only work when the cars in Park.

Ours also is where our back up camera is (same screen).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cdi
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:54 PM
I totally get having a dash mount for the passenger but she said she uses it for her! She don't have a so or kids and she does spend a lot of time on the road

Quoting Pnukey:

We had one in DH's last car, and Expedition. It was great for ME when we were driving. He did not watch the movie, as the driver. Also, the kids said it had a better picture than the one they had in the back seat, so sometimes, they would watch the one in the dash.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

That's just scary! Also, I believe it's illegal. DH always put the screen down when he saw a cop.

Quoting cdi:

I totally get having a dash mount for the passenger but she said she uses it for her! She don't have a so or kids and she does spend a lot of time on the road

Quoting Pnukey:

MommyFlood
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:56 PM
I thought they were illegal to operate while in any other gear than park.
I think they're dangerous and would never have one. We have two portable screens in the back seats.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cdi
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Idk about illegal I have the gps on the dash while driving up obviously it is not a movie. Lol.

Quoting Pnukey:

That's just scary! Also, I believe it's illegal. DH always put the screen down when he saw a cop.

Quoting cdi:

Quoting Pnukey:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cdi
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Like I said I don't think it is bad for the passenger but for the driver I say absolutely no

Quoting MommyFlood:

I thought they were illegal to operate while in any other gear than park.

I think they're dangerous and would never have one. We have two portable screens in the back seats.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cdi
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)