• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well that was rather...awkward but...thanks? i guess?(tmi)

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:22 PM
  • 147 Replies
So I went to the hospital with contractions & the nurse checked me & as soon as she gets her fingers in exclaims "oh my you are TIGHT!! Is that why you had to have a csection? Baby couldn't pass?" O.o...well alrighty then I.....uh...appreciate the...compliment? on my "tightness" but that was rather awkward......

Feel free to add your awkward moments lol

And for those wondering I'm ok ladies I just had slight contractions & elevated blood pressure I was told lots of fluids, rest, & avoid stress.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Young_Mommy89
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:23 AM
Bump no one had some awkward moment in the hospital or dr office?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vicious_fairy
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:24 AM
4 moms liked this
Um........

Unprofessional. Foul on her part.
And being "tight" has nothing to do with a csection.
So...... She's dumb.

But I've had a dr say that. Never went back
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShesALady
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:25 AM
My gyno did the same thing. She's said it to me a few times. It is very awkward.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Des10ed2b
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:26 AM
4 moms liked this

lol. after i has my daughter and my doctor was checking me to make sure everything came out okay (placenta and what not) he looks at me and says, "LeAnne, dont take this the wrong way, but your butt was MADE for having babies!"

ballerinamom
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:26 AM

LOL my Dr. pointed out my 1st stretch mark... and I told her to shut up. After the fact I wished I hadn't but it just slipped right out of my mouth lol. I felt awkward at all of the following visits.

Quoting Young_Mommy89:

Bump no one had some awkward moment in the hospital or dr office?

gypsy_rose
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:27 AM

I left my OB when he started humming star wars theme. He also made a crap load of just rude comments. I had 5 miscarages so was parinoid and he would sound all pissed off if i called with a question.

SarahSue87
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:27 AM
Lol the dr said something along the same lines when I went in at 35 weeks. Glad everything is ok!
momdoes
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:29 AM

LOL.....nope, not had anything like that happen to me but if you think what they said to your face was bad, you shoulda heard what was said after you left!!!!!!!! No joke, it can get pretty fucked up at times! (I work in the medical field, so I know for a fact this happens)

lovemyirish
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Mine said the samething but he didn't say my butt was made for having babies. Just that my body was lol. Thanks............I think??

Quoting Des10ed2b:

lol. after i has my daughter and my doctor was checking me to make sure everything came out okay (placenta and what not) he looks at me and says, "LeAnne, dont take this the wrong way, but your butt was MADE for having babies!"

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vicious_fairy
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:29 AM
3 moms liked this
Lol!!!
The dr I had with my son kept calling me juno and asked if I could call him on my hamburger phone...

....... I don't have a hamburger phone.

He called me home skillet everytime he saw me. Weirdo

Quoting gypsy_rose:

I left my OB when he started humming star wars theme. He also made a crap load of just rude comments. I had 5 miscarages so was parinoid and he would sound all pissed off if i called with a question.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)