Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Poll

Question: A Husband should have to sign in order for their wife to get an abortion.

Options:

Yes his permission should be required

No a woman should NOt need her husbands permission

something else.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 203

View Results

So should a spouse have to give permission for abortion? (Not asking if they should discuss it , I am asking if his permission should be legally required.)

why /why not?

“you know you’ve created God in your own image when God hates all the same people that you do”

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Replies (11-20):
luvhubandbabys
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:01 PM
2 moms liked this
Hell no. If he doesn't have to carry the child he doesn't have a choice. Input is one thing to consider but the woman should get final say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fairegirl33
by Melissa on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:01 PM
2 moms liked this

That is because they have a physical baby to "deal" with...

Tad bit different IMO

Quoting Paperfishies:

Yes, he has to give permission if the child is put up for adoption.

rosaleeandtwo
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Hell no that's just stupid. He would be my spouse, not my boss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eema.gray
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Just like the tubal question:  Morally, it is right for women to discuss the issue with their SO before doing anything.  However, you can't legistlate morality so therefore, no, no permission should need to be signed.

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:04 PM
Smartass! ;0)
You may use ;-)

Quoting Fairegirl33:

again I say No... it is my Almighty Uterus LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caito
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Nope.

Tatum2U
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:04 PM

discussing it together is one thing , requiring signed permission is another. so do you believe a husband should need to give his signed permission?

Quoting kansasmom1978:

I think that both parents should be included in the decision. It's his baby too.

“you know you’ve created God in your own image when God hates all the same people that you do”

mnmo3bb
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

SOME doctors require a wife's signature for a husband to get fixed. Why wouldn't this be the same. It takes two to get pregnant, men should have a say in whether the BABY LIVES or DIES.

Cymbeline
by Spock's 2nd Cousin on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:05 PM
2 moms liked this

No, certainly not.

In a healthy relationship, it would be discussed. In an abusive situation, an abuser might use the pregnancy to control her.

kansasmom1978
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Yes! It's his baby too! If he does not want his child killed, he should have to right to keep his child alive.  I had to sign a paper for my son to have a vesectomy. Which floored me. So I think a man giving permission for his child to be murdered should be required. 

Quoting Tatum2U:

discussing it together is one thing , requiring signed permission is another. so do you believe a husband should need to give his signed permission?

Quoting kansasmom1978:

I think that both parents should be included in the decision. It's his baby too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)