Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Ds dad (we aren't together) wants to take him to the beach this weekend (he's never been before). I told him that I wanted to be there the first time he goes to the beach (i even have a scrapbook page for it). So I told him not this time because I wasn't to be there the first time he goes. I never said he couldn't take him in the future. He makes this huge fuss about it. I don't see what I did wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Replies (31-40):
1L2CMommy
by Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:22 PM
3 moms liked this

Yep, your wrong.  You are not allowing your son a memorable trip with his father because you selfishly want the experience with him.  What about letting him have the experience despite how you envision it happening.  There will be other "firsts" for you to set unreasonable expectations on, and then deny him.

spunky946
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Quoting mes_deux_amours:

Yes, you're wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ctfirsttimemom
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I definitely think you're wrong.  He would be going with his Dad!

lovemybabies12
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:22 PM
It really would and I would love to go but I know him

Quoting jillbailey26:

Then wouldn't it be a step in the right direction, on a good road between you two, and let them go together?

Quoting lovemybabies12:

That wouldn't work, we can't get along at all.

Quoting kcangel63:

Why not go together?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poietes
by Laura on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:23 PM

This exactly.

Quoting christina0607:

Yes I think you're wrong.

He's his parent just as much as you are. You've chosen a life where you parent separately, he will get some of the child's firsts. I don't think being his maternal parent somehow makes you more important when it comes to firsts, sorry.

jillbailey26
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:24 PM

No, I mean let him and your son go together.  I'm sure his father would really appreciate it and it will help your relationship as parents.  Not letting him have this beach weekend, especially with the reasoning of you wanting it first, will only make things worse for the two of you.

Quoting lovemybabies12:

It really would and I would love to go but I know him

Quoting jillbailey26:

Then wouldn't it be a step in the right direction, on a good road between you two, and let them go together?

Quoting lovemybabies12:

That wouldn't work, we can't get along at all.

Quoting kcangel63:

Why not go together?

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

soon2bemomof307
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:25 PM
I'he been there. But you are in the wrong. You have to make your own memories and let him make his own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:29 PM
Very wrong
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:29 PM

yes i think you are wrong. either let him go or ask to come take some pictures. daddy has just as many rights to some firsts as you do.

CLEKate
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:30 PM
Seriously, you are in the wrong. You can't be there for everything. I don't care if you have a page in your album for it...you have to share.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN