Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
My brother has hit his maximum for his health care insurance. He qualifies for food stamps (he has put in a call to his case worker). He is single with no kids but has a lot of medical cost (close to $3000 before insurance pays). My question is there any programs out there for single guys or do you have to have kids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Replies (11-17):
Dark_Soul
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Here, adults who make over $250/mth don't qualify.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cdi
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:27 AM
:( he will makes about $1000

Quoting Dark_Soul:

Here, adults who make over $250/mth don't qualify.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nerdymom28
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:27 AM

It probably depends on the state. Where I live, you can't get Medicaid unless you're a child or a pregnant woman. (And you qualify financially)

lordkanarven
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:30 AM

My uncle was getting full coverage for his addiction treatment ( but her also had HIV and I think that makes a difference). Good luck I know how hard this kind of thing is on a family :( if you ever need an anonymous cyber shoulder to cry send me a message

Quoting cdi:

Idk if it is considered a disability but it is for treatment for heroine addiction

Quoting lordkanarven:

I'm sure there is something has he talked to his case worker about getting medical help? If the medical costs are because of a terminal illness or disability I know there's assistance for that.

Join me in Blues Mamas if you have a passion for music!
DakotaHaley
by Crystal on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:31 AM

I wouldn't know, but here is a bump in hopes you find something out that would help.

ffpm10
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Then he needs to contact the medicines company and apply for patiet assistance. Therapies, I'm not sure on.

Quoting cdi:

It is for therapy/ drs (he goes once to twice a week) and medicine (a little over $1000 of it)

Quoting ffpm10:

May I ask what the medical costs are for? If it's supplies/Medicine, companies offer assistance and discounts

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cdi
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)