Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I wish I could donate

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM
  • 15 Replies
The Red Cross will be at my work next week. On my sister's birthday. I wish I wasnt pregnant. I would love to donate in her honor and memory.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Reina13
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

You may not be able to donate but you could volunteer to screen patients answer phones one afternoon during a drive.

Join us on the  Make a Difference group!

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:25 PM

This exactly. I'm sure they could still use your help. :)

Quoting Reina13:

You may not be able to donate but you could volunteer to screen patients answer phones one afternoon during a drive.

Join us on the  Make a Difference group!

Nerys-Kianna
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I couldn't even if I would. I've European blood, no one wants that in the US, lol.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Quoting Nerys-Kianna:

I couldn't even if I would. I've European blood, no one wants that in the US, lol.

Really? Why not?

With light and love

devilkitty
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Quoting Nerys-Kianna:

Really? Why not?

Kenre
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:29 PM
European blood?

Quoting Nerys-Kianna:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nerys-Kianna
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:29 PM

A German Friend of mine tried and they told her since she's from Germany she can't. Even if you're an US Citizien and you were in Europe for 5 years and longer you can't for a while. I think it's because of everything different there, from food to living to different air quality.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Quoting Nerys-Kianna:

Really? Why not?

Nerys-Kianna
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Yeah, I am originally German and live in the US, I can receive but not donate here.

Quoting Kenre:

European blood?

Quoting Nerys-Kianna:

Sekirei
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:38 PM

the mad cow disease thing.. my husband can't donate either (he lived in Germany for a few years)

Quoting Nerys-Kianna:

A German Friend of mine tried and they told her since she's from Germany she can't. Even if you're an US Citizien and you were in Europe for 5 years and longer you can't for a while. I think it's because of everything different there, from food to living to different air quality.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Quoting Nerys-Kianna:

Really? Why not?

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Quoting Nerys-Kianna:

Yeah, I am originally German and live in the US, I can receive but not donate here.

Quoting Kenre:

European blood?

Quoting Nerys-Kianna:

I've never heard of that.  My brother runs the community blood center here.  I will have to ask him about that one.  Seems off to me.

With light and love

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)