Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Adios OctoMom Here Comes NueveMom!

Posted by   + Show Post

OMG!  I just can't imagine being pregnant with 9 babies!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/27/karla-vanessa-perez-pregnant-9-babies_n_1457990.html?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl2|sec3_lnk1%26pLid%3D155877

Karla Vanessa Perez, Mexican Woman, Reportedly Pregnant With 9 Babies

Reuters  |  Posted: 04/27/2012 1:18 am Updated: 04/27/2012 5:55 am

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - A Mexican woman is pregnant with nine babies - six girls and three boys - the country's main broadcaster Televisa reported on Thursday night.

The woman was identified as Karla Vanessa Perez of the northeastern state of Coahuila, which borders Texas. She is currently being treated at a hospital in the state capital Saltillo, the broadcaster said in the report.

Perez, whose age was not given, had fertility treatment leading to the multiple pregnancy, it said.

State-owned news agency Notimex also reported the pregnancy, saying Perez was due to give birth on May 20.

"It's very early to think of names for the babies," Perez told Notimex. "First I hope that everything goes well."

The successful delivery of nonuplets would be one of the highest multiple births ever recorded.

In 2009, a woman in California gave birth to octuplets, sparking worldwide media attention.

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:57 PM
Replies (51-60):
owl0210
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Oy vey.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly, I think it was another octomom ploy to get some airtime for Nadya Suleman.

Quoting MicheleJM:

I hear her stylist called CPS on her...that is, octomom. No plumbing, kids were unsupervised,dirty, blabba

Quoting celestegood:

LOL she should do like Octomom and have her babies in America at the expense of the taxpayers here!  lololol

kansasmom1978
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:21 PM

In that country that is really sad.  And if she is due May 20th it's freaking amazing they have no delivered them already.

baquick
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Holy cow. I'd go nuts with that many! I hope all the babies make it! And of course the mother!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah5708Emma
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:23 PM
Every single word of this.

Quoting lovemy3littles:

The majority of times when women have fertility treatments, they're not doing it to have 8 and 9 babies.. They only want one.  So the fertility doc implants 8 or 9 viable embryos into the woman's uterus, and hope that one will make it.  In some women's cases, none make it, and they have to try again and again.  Some women might have 2 or 3 make it, and then a month or two into the pregnancy, they spontaneously abort. 

So when a woman ends up with all implanted embryos making it, sometimes they're leery at first to terminate, because termining 5 or 6 could end up terminating the entire pregnancy... and for a woman who has struggled to get pregnant, the thought of losing a pregnancy is not a chance they want to take. 

Unfortunately, deciding not to terminate some of the embryos could put them in a situation like this...  it's scary, and obviously not ideal, but I wouldn't call most women in a situation like this selfish.  Octomom, yes..  she's nuts..  but not knowing the situation under which this mother got preggo with so many eggos, I won't do anything but wish her the best!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweets27
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:24 PM
Hmm no! LOL

Quoting CheyanneW:

Does Mexico have welfare??

Quoting momdoes:

Nine more welfare babies are coming!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemykids323
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

A fertility doctor around were i live WOULD NOT plant 8 or 9 embroyos in you. They do the amount depending on your age. A lady I know is in her mid 30s and the doctor would only put 2 in at a time. I know its probably different with every doctor but I would look at a doctor like he was nuts if he wanted to put that many inside me. Now I know they can put like 4 in you and eggs can split and what not creating more babies. I wish this family the best! I couldn't imagine 9 singletons let alone 9 babies at once :)

Quoting lovemy3littles:

The majority of times when women have fertility treatments, they're not doing it to have 8 and 9 babies.. They only want one.  So the fertility doc implants 8 or 9 viable embryos into the woman's uterus, and hope that one will make it.  In some women's cases, none make it, and they have to try again and again.  Some women might have 2 or 3 make it, and then a month or two into the pregnancy, they spontaneously abort. 

So when a woman ends up with all implanted embryos making it, sometimes they're leery at first to terminate, because termining 5 or 6 could end up terminating the entire pregnancy... and for a woman who has struggled to get pregnant, the thought of losing a pregnancy is not a chance they want to take. 

Unfortunately, deciding not to terminate some of the embryos could put them in a situation like this...  it's scary, and obviously not ideal, but I wouldn't call most women in a situation like this selfish.  Octomom, yes..  she's nuts..  but not knowing the situation under which this mother got preggo with so many eggos, I won't do anything but wish her the best!!

locaporbebe
by Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:28 PM

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/334336/20120427/mexican-karla-vanessa-perez-pregnant-9-babies.htm

http://www.medicaldaily.com/news/20120427/9698/mexico-nonuplets-triplets-pregnancy-baby-karla-vanessa-perez.htm

Just because she is delivering the babies in one month does not mean she is due. I did read in the second link that they are claim she concieved naturally but I find that hard to believe. She says she concieved 2 weeks after giving birth the the triplets. Any way you look at it I feel very sorry for the babies and the families future atleast for the next several years. I cannot imagine rasing that many babies. I pray that they are healthy because no matter how you look at it they did not ask to be born.

Quoting CBMMOM:

Quoting locaporbebe:

I read that she has 6 month od triplets and a 4yo what the hell was she thinking?? Why would you do that to your self or your potential children. Please she lives with her husbands parents and he works a very low paying job. I just don't get it! WHY??

Where did you read that? If she has 6 month triplets,how is she already due to deliver these invitro babies? If she already has four kids and her husband has a very low paying job,how did they afford fertility treatments?I'm not doubting you,just the story you read.

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:28 PM

wow. NOPE. no thank you!

Wish her the very best of luck.

Cookie-kisses
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:29 PM

sad

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN