Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's the day! (UPDATED - I told her!)

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:34 PM
  • 16 Replies

I'm going to tell my new boss of 3 weeks that I'm pregnant (14 weeks).

Only problem is I just can't figure out what to say....  thoughts?

UPDATED:  Well, I told her.  She took it better than I thought, then went into a tirade about how she's been unable to have kids of her own and all the intricacies of infertility and her divorce that resulted from it.  (awkward, esp since this is my third). 

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mandymb
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this
thats something i would have mentioned when i was first hired. good luck with that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColeAreeaJet
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I have had three miscarriages, all between 9-12 weeks (which was right around when I was hired and started).  I didn't want to mention something until I knew everything was okay.

Quoting Mandymb:

thats something i would have mentioned when i was first hired. good luck with that.

EDDES
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Say I just need to speak to you when you have the chance and when the window of opportunity arises tell your boss that you are pregnant and see where that goes.....if they can work with you.............honesty is best..........go ahead and be yourself and say what you want to respectfully say and what you think and what you need as far as schedule and time off for the baby's arrival if it does come up in the conversation. It will be alright. Be polite and just tell the truth about the matter.

ColeAreeaJet
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:54 PM

BUMP!

ColeAreeaJet
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:06 PM

BUMP!

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:08 PM

"Just thought you should know that I'm pregnant."

and congrats =] =] =]

Schleetle
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:09 PM
Just tell him you are pregnant. The rest isn't his business.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandylin3

Well, your boss will find out sooner or later!  lol  Just tell her that you are but that it shouldn't affect your work.  Tell your boss when you are due and if you are going to take maternity leave.  Your boss can't technically get angry or anything, it's a part of life.  Just be honest.

mandylin3
1 mom liked this

Congatulations, by the way!

Kat1127
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:13 PM

I'd just up and tell him/her and if need be tell him/her the reason why you waited to tell him/her. it shouldn't be that big of a deal really. Good luck with telling your boss.

and congrats...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)