Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What is the most effective weight loss program/diet youve ever used???

Posted by   + Show Post

just had a baby.. trying to loose 30 pounds... im exercising and eatong extremely heathy.. what worked for u??

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:32 PM
Replies (51-60):
Apollos82
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Eat when I'm hungry, stop when I'm full. Lost 90 lbs. kept it off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Snuggles20
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:55 AM
Hahaha I haven't had a baby but I want to lose 50 pounds by Sept.
Me and hubby was talking last night I'm going to start walking everyday and also doing as many sit-ups as I can meaning I'm doing sit-ups until I can't get up anymore.... drink only water no pop and do u have a myfitnesspal? Its a good site let's u track ur foods and exercises and all that... good luck hun I know you can do it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Snuggles20
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Did you work out at all and how long did it take you

Quoting Apollos82:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justhavingfun.
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:58 AM
The best thing I ever did, was simply to look up the food pyramid. I ate close to what was recommended and lost over 20lbs. I also exercised.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:59 AM

low/slow carb diet.  i am down 22 pounds in 8 weeks! 

Hoevegirl1986
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:00 AM

for me the first time i tried to loss weight i throw up 90lbs, now i'm not doing that again bc i had so many probs. but i'm doing body by vi and i've lost 17lbs so far!

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Water, water, water, water, water, eating right and exercise.

Apollos82
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:03 AM
To be fair, I had a bit of a jump start...I was 220 when I divorced my husband. I was so emotional, all I could eat for days was this stuff called Barley Life (amazon.com) an I think it probably saved my life. I was starving but food made me vomit.

For a while, about a month, just to get some stress out, I walked a mile a day, up and down hills.

Then, when things settles down, I realized I had lost about 20 lb in the first month. I do NOT recommend that. It was because of emotional turmoil and extreme emotional distress.

After that month, I just started eating less in general and making healthier choices. I occasionally went for a walk--maybe once a week, but mostly it was food choices. A side salad instead of the fries with fast food, that sort of thing.

I gained some of the weight back when I married my now-husband (who is the BEST!) but then lost inches when I got pregnant. I'm 31 weeks and have only gained 7 lbs.

I honestly just eat what I want, when I want, avoid fast food and junk good, and STOP eating or don't even start eating if I am not genuinely hungry. I mean, stomach growling hungry. I'm a food addict (hello! I weighed 220 and I'm only 5'5"!) so I really have to fight "head hunger" vs real hunger.

Quoting Snuggles20:

Did you work out at all and how long did it take you

Quoting Apollos82:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by Tammie on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:03 AM

I lost 100 lbs by counting calories. I simply took in less a day then I burned off. 

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Nothing will work except exercise and eating healthy... everything else is unhealthy and will likely make you gain more back.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)