Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I applied for 3 jobs and within the last week have went to the 3 interviews and all three are offering me positions.... I am a nurse and here and the positions help me decide which to take

First job is really close to home good pay but not the shift I prefer but they said within 6 months i should be able to get the shift I want.

The second job has a little better pay ($1 more an hour) but is about 30 minutes farther from where I live and is the shift I do want.

The third job is every weekend (which I don't care for) but is the shift I want but has lower pay then the other 2 ($6 less and hour on the first job and $7 an hour less than the second).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:59 AM
Replies (31-40):
Mehganh
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:53 AM
I would say it depends on how much has prices are in your area. The second one sounds nice, but would that extra $1/hr be going toward your gas to get there? An if you can stick out the first one long enough to switch to the shift you want I think thr would be better on the long run. IMO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Due9
by your-bff on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Take the second job

cdi
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Job 1 and 2 are nursing homes. Job 3 is home care. Congrats on ur new job. I am currently working but the facility is closing in June and I already have cut hours

Quoting lifeisajoy:

I would go for the second one if I was in your position--

What type of nurse--for hospital?  or for home health care or for office? or something else?

I was just hired as a Medical Social Worker this week at a home health care agency--It is PerDiem-which is awesome for me right now--

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy6xs
Second
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk

2nd

cdi
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:57 AM
They have about the same growth potential

Quoting yezay:

What about the potential to grow at either place?  Sounds like the first place is up and coming.

Quoting cdi:

They both have them. They are a little better at job 1 but I don't need the insurance anyways (I get covered thru df) and pto is the same at both

Quoting yezay:

I pick 2 a half hr away isn't bad at all.  What about the benefits?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CABZS
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:58 AM
1st one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kthruz143
by Kerrie on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:59 AM

job 2

Sweets27
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:03 AM
First.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yezay
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:03 AM

I guess it's a toss up then.  Like other mom's said if you're sure they'll give you the shift you want when the time comes then go for 1.  Plus with benefits being a little better at job 1 you never know when you might need them.

Quoting cdi:

They have about the same growth potential

Quoting yezay:

What about the potential to grow at either place?  Sounds like the first place is up and coming.

Quoting cdi:

They both have them. They are a little better at job 1 but I don't need the insurance anyways (I get covered thru df) and pto is the same at both

Quoting yezay:

I pick 2 a half hr away isn't bad at all.  What about the benefits?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)