Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Aquarium States that the Disabled are Disappointing and Unacceptable for Public

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:47 AM
  • 29 Replies
http://rt.com/news/autistic-children-denied-oceanarium-visit-241/

Sorry if this is a repost. Can't make clicky while mobile.

Apparently I can't copy and paste from this website. Basically the article tells of an aquarium in Moscow that denied a class of autistic children a group visit. The staff said that "disabled" people upset the public and aren't appropriate for their establishment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this

It's Russia.....they're notorious for their abuse of the handicapped!

TSNDDY
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:52 AM
Wow somebody's going to be getting fired
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jnttd
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:52 AM
I'm a little surprised that autistic children are considered handicapped. I don't know how severe any of their cases are, but either way...

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss_MikLain
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Haha! Russia is notorious for its treatment of everyone!

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meganmunch91
That's terrible :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krayzbabylove
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jnttd
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:56 AM
I feel so badly for them. I know some of the kids might have had a hard time (problems with routine change, melt downs...) but all in all it would have been fun for them.

Quoting meganmunch91:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meganmunch91
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:03 AM
I agree. I can understand that it might affect other people if the children had a meltdown, but most people are pretty compassionate about things like that. I work with adults with disabilities and we clean elementary schools in town and they have had occasional meltdowns. I've only had two incidents of children actually noticing or caring that my clients were having difficulties. It makes me so sad for them :(

Quoting jnttd:

I feel so badly for them. I know some of the kids might have had a hard time (problems with routine change, melt downs...) but all in all it would have been fun for them.

Quoting meganmunch91:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Irenesmommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:05 AM
2 moms liked this

in soviet russia, museum doesn't visit you

jnttd
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:14 AM
We're having my DD evaluated for autism and we can't go anywhere without her stopping every minute to stim on something or scream about something else. But I try to keep her quiet or I take her to a quiet place to calm down. If anyone ever denied us entrance somewhere I'm not sure if I would start bawling or demand to talk to everyone's boss and their boss's boss.

I'm glad you can keep the adults busy with something like that! I'm sure it helps them feel productive.
Quoting meganmunch91:

I agree. I can understand that it might affect other people if the children had a meltdown, but most people are pretty compassionate about things like that. I work with adults with disabilities and we clean elementary schools in town and they have had occasional meltdowns. I've only had two incidents of children actually noticing or caring that my clients were having difficulties. It makes me so sad for them :(

Quoting jnttd:

Quoting meganmunch91:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN