Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Rental Cars?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:31 AM
  • 10 Replies

Anyone know anything about renting a car?

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Only that you have to be 25 and have good insurance.  Other than that , no i do not know much about renting a car.

Brooke-Nicole
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:59 AM

I'm 25 and buying their insurance. 

Apparently they need the 400 for the car + 150 upfront.   A check stub, a utility bill, and a DL (obviously). 

That just seems really, really steep!

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Hmm have you checked around with other car rental places?  Shoot I be you could even rent a Uhaul for less than that.  Did you pick out an expensive make/model to rent?

Brooke-Nicole
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:04 AM

I got the intermediate, mid-sized, whichever you want to call it.  I checked hertz and it's like 700.  

The car itself is 268 + 81 for insurance + 50 for the liability + 150 for the deposit.  Granted I'm getting that 150 back, but it's just crazy to pay that much.  Ugh. 

Sometimes I wonder why things have to be so complicated all the time! LoL.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:06 AM

It could also be due to the beginning of "summer" travel that the companies jack up their prices for major profit.   Hopefully gas prices where you are have been going down LOL.  Ours went down about 10 cents and then stalled at 3.99/gallon.

Brooke-Nicole
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:10 AM

Ours tend to hold steady at 3.75.  Ugh!  I don't think we can make it from here to Vegas in a compact car lol.

naumann24
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:15 AM
The 150 is for deposit. The other amount rents the car. Make sure you fill it up before you take it back cause there price is a lot more than ours. They offer insurance its like 25 or something covers them though not you. And the drivers license and bill is so they can prove who you are and where you live. It's cheaper to rent in town than drive out of state. This is for enterprise though.

Quoting Brooke-Nicole:

I'm 25 and buying their insurance. 

Apparently they need the 400 for the car + 150 upfront.   A check stub, a utility bill, and a DL (obviously). 

That just seems really, really steep!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brooke-Nicole
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:25 AM

Just found out by looking at my discounts from work I get a small discount through enterprise..

1stpreggers
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:27 AM
Wow it wasn't this much for me the only thing they required was dl and insurance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brooke-Nicole
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:33 AM

I only have a choice of Enterprise or Hertz and well Hertz is like 200 more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)