Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
So a little background info for anyone who isn't familiar with me. My name's Brittany, I'm 20 years old and have an 18 month old dd named DiAnna-Jo. I have had a really though time up until recently. I am trying to get on my own two feet so that I can give DJ the childhood I didn't have, and the future that she deserves. I do not believe that we are capable of having any sort of quality life here in Phoenix, AZ. For that reason I am hoping to move elsewhere at some point in the next few years.

So, with that said, please tell me about your city and/or state! Any attractions? (like theme parks, nat'l parks, etc) Weather? Economy? General info. & Would you recommend moving there or no? Thanks!

**UPDATE**
Thank you all so much for continuing to reply even though this post is days old!! So far, there are a few places I'm going to look into thanks to you all!
Tennessee
Nebraska
Minnesota
Arkansas
North Carolina
Colorado
Pennsylvania

Oklahoma & Texas are out simply because my abusive father and his while family are there and I don't want to be anywhere near any of them.
New York, California, and Washington are also out because all ya'll say they're expensive and I'm broke. Lol

So off I go to do some more research!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 4:23 PM
Replies (41-50):
annasew
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Im from Ohio.   I liked living there.  Only moved because my dh is in the army.   There is Cedar Point, Six Flags, The Wilds, Columbus Zoo (there are other zoos but I dont know thier names ) Lots of parks with hiking trails camping and fishing.   Seasonal weather...although the winters have not been as snowy as they usually are.   Jobs and cost of living all depend on where you live. 

im_not_trollin
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:27 PM

nashville, nice area, lots of night life and low cost of living. they are opening a ski and water park in donelson, have the opry, etc.... It's a nice place.

MonkeysGrammy
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:28 PM

I grew up in Queens Ny, and although I miss the hell out of it, it is really over crowded and expensive. We lived in Smithtown Long Island (Ny) for 15 yrs and again, loved it but our taxes were $12,500 a yr! Thus we are now in Cape Coral Fl (so SW we can see Cuba over the ocean! lol) but there is alot to do, warm all yr and central air conditioning everywhere you go! Cost of living is literally about half of what we used to pay in Ny. My kids love it and although they all miss Ny when asked none of them would move back. My only downside here is I truly have no friends. I have never really used my laptop for other then keeping up with family through e-mails and such, but now it is the only way I get to just chat with other women. So it can be lonely & I am very talkative (obviously lol) and didn't think it would be this hard to meet people! good luck

My World...My Life...My Boyz..

Bonez 8/3/91           Big Bear 4/13/94       Stinky 9/26/97giving dad card                bear with heart             ninja         (MonkeysDaddy)

kmh4girls
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:34 PM

BUMP!

atyou
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't move to ct. It's expensive here!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhmomma
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks!

Quoting kmh4girls:

BUMP!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
susan115
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Do not move to the NorthEast, very expensive.  The carolinas are pleasant and if you move to a small to mid size city you should find plenty to do and the beach would be nice.  Good luck.

cthemoon
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Durham/Raleigh NC:) I just moved here 2 years ago from Maryland. PLEASE do not consider Maryland, it is EXPENSIVE and crowded-I lived there forever and I don't much miss it:)

I live in Durham. I love it. It's got a slow pace with a hometown feel, though it is a city.There are million things to do, the schools are interesting and varied, and the people are warm and diverse. It took me awhile to get use to the slower pace-everyone up north seemed rushed and tired. Oh, and the cost of living is great here. It was just voted one of the best places to live, and one of the fastest rising growth areas. Jobs seem pretty plentiful, esp in the tech, office fields. The weather is mild, tho we can see snow:) There are fantastic activities here for kids, outdoor enthusiasts and crafty artistic people:)

sam12796
by Sandy on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Quoting hautemama83:

Welll I'm in AZ too, just southern AZ. Honestly I love it here.

I live in Gilbert AZ and the schools are good here. Can not speak for Phoenix though. I am happy with them so far. I will take the heat here for a few months over tornadoes, hurricanes, and snow any day...

etsmom
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 1:55 AM

If I were you, skip WA all together. It is expensive here and they tax the crap out of everything. I wish we could move but dh's job keeps us fed here so...Was is beautiful but it comes at a price.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)