Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If you saw a man punching a 5 year old

Poll

Question: Only 3 options here, folks.

Options:

Call 911 and report it immediately.

Get out of your vehicle and go physically try to stop him.

Drive away, not doing anything about it.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 574

View Results

You are in your vehicle, parked. You see a man punching his 5 year old son.

What do you do?

Just seeing if I'm in the majority.

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:31 PM
Replies (281-285):
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:49 PM
1-2
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twoblues
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Quoting caito:

I feel the same way. The woman that originally posted this felt terrible and she was sick over it. But, it's so entertaining to make her feel worse. Until someone is in that situation you have no idea how you're going to react. Witnessing an act of violence can cause a person to freeze. I would like to say that I would have jumped out of my car and kicked his ass, but seriously? That sounds ridiculous. To leave my two toddlers in the car to attack a total stranger that could possibly kill me would be beyond irresponsible. And yes, before I get thrown under the CM bus, I feel as bad as everyone else about that helpless little boy.
Charweba
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I'd be dialing 911, while going to get his tag number!!!

erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 1:42 AM

SERIOUSLY??  Pearls  OMG LMFAO at your stupidity.  honey I am a 6'2 truck driver who rides a Harley( all by myself)   Have never owned a set of pearls in my life and have on 2 occasions faced down attackers physically and even mixed it up with some skin heads that where attacking a good friend.  so keep talking out your ass about how you would allow that boy to suffer we SEE who you are.  Nice way to try and deflect by just making shit up about people you know NOTHING about.

Quoting ILive4This:

Seriously?   Shut up.   Nowhere did I write I wouldn't help a kid in need.   I just understood what happened with the OP.  Shit happens fast, and that's all.   I hope my kid never needs help from a judgemental, noncomprehending, person like you.  Actuallly, as much as you apparently think with your emotions, you would be horrible in an emergency situation.  You'd be in the corner clutching your pearls.

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Quoting ILive4This:

I pray to God if my child is in a situation that they need an adult to help them that fate doesnt put a person like you in that postion.

teamwhitlow
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Quoting RockstarsMoM08:

Id nut check him if I could. All the while have someone call 911.

you and me both!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN