Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Won't be getting sleep for a week, my poor lil guy

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:49 AM
  • 9 Replies
My son is being admitted to the hospital tonight. This is our 3rd admission this month! Oh joy! He's getting a gtube in the next day or so and I can never sleep in the hospital. Plus it's almost 11pm and we're in the ER and just getting started for the night. I so hoped we would get a room by midnight, now I highly doubt it. *Yawn* so tired yet wired from the nervousness.

The suckiest part is ds is turning 4 in May, what a crappy thing to get the month of your birthday =(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Hopefully by time birthday comes around things will be settled.  Do not dwell on how the month starts, focus on the day to day as you have been.

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:58 AM

That stinks, I'm sorry

starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:59 AM
:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsix
by faith on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:22 AM

huggingMipsy,I'm sorry that you're back in the hospital again. Is he for sure getting the gtube this time? Once he does will things settle down a little ...not so many er trips and hospital stays? Hugs Momma! Let us know how you and your little one are doing...

stockuponlove
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:24 AM
My DD's 3rd birthday last year was the day after Easter and her party was the day before Easter. Well needless to say we spent that whole week in the hospital. She had pneumonia. It was so sad and terrible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mipsy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:06 AM
Yeah, pretty sure they are doing the gtube. The reaction to his ng tube was pretty severe. His dr said they could try other ng tubes but then we'd have to wait and watch for a reaction (if any) and it would be a hassle and time consuming. She asked my thoughts on going straight to gtube and I told her at this point I say better sooner rather than later and she agreed and said she just wanted to make sure we were ok with it.

Tomorrow we're getting an allergy consult to find a tube he won't react to. Luckily our GI is who is working in the hospital this week!!!

Quoting cjsix:

huggingMipsy,I'm sorry that you're back in the hospital again. Is he for sure getting the gtube this time? Once he does will things settle down a little ...not so many er trips and hospital stays? Hugs Momma! Let us know how you and your little one are doing...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mipsy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:09 AM
Ah man, that stinks!

Quoting stockuponlove:

My DD's 3rd birthday last year was the day after Easter and her party was the day before Easter. Well needless to say we spent that whole week in the hospital. She had pneumonia. It was so sad and terrible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pam_8787
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:15 AM
:-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mipsy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:10 AM
Got to bed at 3am and up at 6am for IV finally! *Yawn* rounds are coming up but I wanna sleep! Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)