Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If our God is for us..* A Bible quote so it is a Christian post*

What, then, shall we say in response to these things? BO)" style="">If God is for us, BP)" style="">who can be against us?-

Romans 8:31

Visit us at True Friends Cafe

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:41 AM
Replies (41-46):
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:08 PM
It is a general statement not specific to anything. Daily life has trials and tribulations. All it says is to lean on God.
You could use it yourself. With (insert whichever god or goddess you are more drawn to) on my side I can do anything and no one can stop me.
Like when you tell a kid with hard work you can do whatever you want. Same concept.

Quoting rowansmum:

What context? And who is against you? Who is stopping you? From doing what?

Your beliefs are yours, nobody can take that away.

I am not just talking out my a**, I'm pagan so I know all about persecution but I don't feel the need to go on about it or anything. People will judge and be nasty but that's ok because I'm secure in.my faith.

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

Quoting rowansmum:

You can't deny that the quote sounds very confrontational. Its got no context because it stands alone.

Yes, I can and I do deny it. The only reason you think it is confrontational is because YOU took it out of context.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NatesMyBoy
by Jessie on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Well, given all the holy wars... I'm guessing someone else and their god.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
craftymommylady
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:11 PM

I like some of the quote of religion but I personally don't not believe in god. Everybody has believes no matter what it is.

devilMy give a damn is busted

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:17 PM

To me it means, no matter what comes our way, be it life issues, problems, people who we have all met Christian or not that like to mess up your day. You know that mom on the play ground that judges you.  Or those people that are pushy and want to be first in the car line or you, know life stuff.  In other words with God on my side, I don't have to let the things of life get me down. It isn't against any person or type of person in particular. It gives me comfort to know, even when life is giving me lemons be it by human beings or life's stressors, God is with me and helping me. That is what I get out of it. 

Beautiful31mom
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Quoting Thelmama:

To me it means, no matter what comes our way, be it life issues, problems, people who we have all met Christian or not that like to mess up your day. You know that mom on the play ground that judges you.  Or those people that are pushy and want to be first in the car line or you, know life stuff.  In other words with God on my side, I don't have to let the things of life get me down. It isn't against any person or type of person in particular. It gives me comfort to know, even when life is giving me lemons be it by human beings or life's stressors, God is with me and helping me. That is what I get out of it. 

I agree. 

Beautiful31mom
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:20 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)