Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If our God is for us..* A Bible quote so it is a Christian post*

What, then, shall we say in response to these things? BO)" style="">If God is for us, BP)" style="">who can be against us?-

Romans 8:31

Visit us at True Friends Cafe

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:41 AM
Replies (21-30):
CABZS
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Are you serious?

There are many obstacles in life, many things that try to stop us and hold is down, many things that can go against us (not speaking about religion here as you want to apparently). With God we can rise above it all.

Life, negativity, abuse, many struggles.

Quoting rowansmum:

And stop you from what?

Quoting rowansmum:

What is it you're against? Most christians I meet for some reason seem to think someone is against them. I just don't get it.

Quoting CABZS:

And just like many you have taken the quote way out of context.

Quoting rowansmum:

So you're saying that all us heathens are against you? I think maybe you're taking your religion too seriously. I saw your other post and it was pretty. This tho is almost like you want to start something

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cbk_mom3
by Mendy on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:19 AM

One of my favorite verses! Thanks for posting it. As it happens, dh and I watched "The Stand" on Netflix yesterday, and it is a perfect example of that verse. God was on the side of the ones following Mother Abigail, so therefore, Flagg and his people were no match for them, even though they all tried really hard. In the end, God (and good) will always triumph over evil (satan, the enemy).

mom2ljh
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:19 AM
Anything. Why does a harmless verse offend you so much? You know the Christian belief is that Satan is working against God, right? So this is a reminder to Christians that, with God, even Satan cannot get to them. That's all. It's nothing for you to get so uppity over.

Quoting rowansmum:

Of doing what? World domination? Lol since nobody can stand in your way of believing lol

Quoting mom2ljh:

It is not confrontational. It's a verse and also the chorus to a Christian song. It's saying that if you have God on your side then nobody can stand in your way.

Quoting rowansmum:

You can't deny that the quote sounds very confrontational. Its got no context because it stands alone.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CABZS
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:20 AM
I think you just want to argue.

Quoting rowansmum:

Of doing what? World domination? Lol since nobody can stand in your way of believing lol

Quoting mom2ljh:

It is not confrontational. It's a verse and also the chorus to a Christian song. It's saying that if you have God on your side then nobody can stand in your way.

Quoting rowansmum:

You can't deny that the quote sounds very confrontational. Its got no context because it stands alone.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beautiful31mom
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting rowansmum:

What context? And who is against you? Who is stopping you? From doing what?
Your beliefs are yours, nobody can take that away.
I am not just talking out my a**, I'm pagan so I know all about persecution but I don't feel the need to go on about it or anything. People will judge and be nasty but that's ok because I'm secure in.my faith.

There is no context it is just a verse from the bible.And I have already explained it. No one, it just stateing that with God all things are possible, and nothing or no one can get in your way. 

Follow Me on Pinterest

Click on the Link to go to my Blog! Walking by Faith                                                                            

Beautiful31mom
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Quoting CABZS:

I think you just want to argue.

Quoting rowansmum:

Quoting mom2ljh:

Quoting rowansmum:

I agree. 

Follow Me on Pinterest

Click on the Link to go to my Blog! Walking by Faith                                                                            

jillbailey26
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:34 AM

That's one of my favorite songs, lol.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

jillbailey26
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:39 AM

You're looking at it from a different perspective.  "And if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us" says that if we have God in our corner, we are unstoppable.  "And if our God is with us, then what could stand against" means that we can stand strong knowing God is on our side.  We can withstand anything.

It doesn't say anything about someone or something being against us, just that no matter what comes our way, we can take it because we have God on our side.  We have that loving support.

Quoting rowansmum:

I am not just talking out my a**, I'm pagan so I know all about persecution but I don't feel the need to go on about it or anything. People will judge and be nasty but that's ok because I'm secure in.my faith.

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

Quoting rowansmum:

Yes, I can and I do deny it. The only reason you think it is confrontational is because YOU took it out of context.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

LoriLou75
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

Quoting rowansmum:

There is no context it is just a verse from the bible.And I have already explained it. No one, it just stateing that with God all things are possible, and nothing or no one can get in your way. 

It all has context. This is my biggest beef with religion, none of these "quotes" are supposed to be taken as a quick sound bite, they all have context, which usually completely changes the meaning. Take anything out of context and it can mean a great many different things..

“If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed”.

-Albert Einstein

jakesmom323
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:21 AM
If you are a Christian, than your mission is to spread the gospel. I dont mind. I respect what people believe, just as long as its positive:)

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

Quoting jakesmom323:

I take it that if God is with us and for us, than no one can stand against us. I think it sounds very universal, not just for Christians:)

It is a bible verse so therefore I put Christian, if I did not I would get yelled at for shoving my religion down peoples throats. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN