Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Purity Balls, Rings and Promises

Posted by   + Show Post

What are your thoughts on this? Do you plan on having your DD make any sort of Purity Promise?

For those that don't know what this is....

“If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed”.

-Albert Einstein

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Replies (51-60):
LoriLou75
by Lori on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Wheter purity is encouraged for a son or daughter, it is equally disgusting.

Quoting Apollos82:

I agree that too much emphasis is placed on a young woman's purity over a young man's in conservative cultures.

Quoting Paperfishies:

I haven't read each comment in this thread so i don't know if it has been asked...But what about purity balls for boys?  Mother/son purity dance?  Why is all of the attention on the female and her sexuality?  What about all of these shit head teenage boys who run around putting their dicks into anything with a hole?

These purity balls IMO are demeaning and just really piss me off and gross me the fuck out.

“If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed”.

-Albert Einstein

inspain
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:59 AM

I've tasted Schwetty Balls.  I was not impressed.  But, for all the years Ben and Jerry have been turning out great ice cream, one FAIL is not the end of the world. 

As for the Ben Wa kind, I can certainly see where those might keep teens entertained long enough to "wait". 

Quoting Apollos82:

I kept thinking of Shvetty Balls or however that one Baldwin SNL sketch goes...LOL

Quoting inspain:

LOL.  Purity balls?  Are those like Ben Wa balls?

"If there is a God, why did he make me an Atheist?" - Ricky Gervais
Apollos82
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:00 AM
It depends on your definition of purity, I suppose.

Quoting LoriLou75:

Quoting Apollos82:

I agree that too much emphasis is placed on a young woman's purity over a young man's in conservative cultures.

Quoting Paperfishies:

I haven't read each comment in this thread so i don't know if it has been asked...But what about purity balls for boys?  Mother/son purity dance?  Why is all of the attention on the female and her sexuality?  What about all of these shit head teenage boys who run around putting their dicks into anything with a hole?

These purity balls IMO are demeaning and just really piss me off and gross me the fuck out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
furbabymum
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:01 AM

If my child CHOOSES to do it fine. I won't encourage it.

LoriLou75
by Lori on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:02 AM

as in abstinence. 

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting LoriLou75:

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting Paperfishies:

-Albert Einstein

Apollos82
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Abstinence I agree with--but not with all the pomp and circumstance and with calling it something it isn't.

Calling it "purity" I don't agree with because it makes sex sound dirty and it's not. (Messy and gross to this little Virgo, sure. Dirty? Nah. Lol)

Besides, what if one of those poor girls is raped after she goes through this big purity ball. Will she then me "impure"?

I think the hullabaloo is setting kids up for failure and emotional trauma.

Quoting LoriLou75:

as in abstinence. 

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting LoriLou75:

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting Paperfishies:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sailor_nena
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Exactly. Why the fuck don't they have something similar? Because its fucking creepy, THAT'S why. I can't picture the average 16 yr old boy dancing with mommy and telling he won't have sex till he's married. Only women are subject to this asshattery and it's so twisted and unfair. I'd never support such a devolution of the female realm. It's sickening and maddening. How could women do this to themselves? We aren't the downfall of men. Men aren't as stupid as we think; give them some god damn credit for fucks sake. Tell them "Hey, no need to poke everything in a skirt unless you're ready for a baby." it takes two. JFC

Quoting Paperfishies:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriLou75
by Lori on May. 1, 2012 at 9:35 AM

bump

rgba
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:49 AM
I will talk to my children--whether boys or girls--and explain that sex can come with a lot of emotional responses. I will encourage them to wait until they are sure that they are ready, and until they are sure they can handle it. I will teach them how to be responsible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriLou75
by Lori on May. 1, 2012 at 9:52 AM

I agree.

Quoting rgba:

I will talk to my children--whether boys or girls--and explain that sex can come with a lot of emotional responses. I will encourage them to wait until they are sure that they are ready, and until they are sure they can handle it. I will teach them how to be responsible.

-Albert Einstein

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)