Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Purity Balls, Rings and Promises

Posted by   + Show Post

What are your thoughts on this? Do you plan on having your DD make any sort of Purity Promise?

For those that don't know what this is....

“If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed”.

-Albert Einstein

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Replies (11-20):
my4yahoos
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:42 AM
I think its all very silly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

But how in the hell can you prove that a kid is still a virgin?  fuck I would lie straight through my teeth to get a check, any high school kid would.

Quoting BannerElkHogans:

We got money when we graduated for not having sex an getting introuble an stuff like that.........3,000 check sounds like a good exchange for me  3 grand/ or no sex,booze,parting,etc

so I got 3 grand when I graduated for not doing the doo.

alwayskk
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting BannerElkHogans:

We got money when we graduated for not having sex an getting introuble an stuff like that.........3,000 check sounds like a good exchange for me  3 grand/ or no sex,booze,parting,etc

so I got 3 grand when I graduated for not doing the doo.

Wow! Just wow. Did they check your hymen before they wrote the check out?

singlemom1208
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Lol. I don't know why I got confused. I'm not where I can watched the videos. :)

Quoting MIA0223:

The topic of the post is purity rings so.....

Quoting singlemom1208:

Are you talking about a wedding ring or purity ring?

Quoting MIA0223:

Not like that. But DD and SSs are all being raised that sex is for marriage only.

No ring, public display or any other symbol.

There is no need for a public display or daily reminder.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:44 AM
Lol!
I didn't watch either. I have seen shows on purity balls and pledges before and they creep me out a bit!

Quoting singlemom1208:

Lol. I don't know why I got confused. I'm not where I can watched the videos. :)

Quoting MIA0223:

Quoting singlemom1208:

Quoting MIA0223:

Not like that. But DD and SSs are all being raised that sex is for marriage only.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UpstateAnnette
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:44 AM
2 moms liked this

I think that we as parents need to teach our children our values.    I may very well buy my daughter, and my sons  a ring if they are willing to commit to waiting until marriage.   Something this important does  deserve a little ceromony.   If you don't teach your children any values around sex then they WILL most likely do what typical culture says is "Normal" and then their parents will wonder why their child has a teen pregnancy or STD.  

rinaann
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:44 AM

If my daughters want to then i would let them

i woule not force them to

they will be educated one way or another

i am not stupid enough to think that a ring is going to stop them from having sex 

oh and they stopped having purity balls at the church by my house because they caught many kids having sex at them....oh the irony 

LoriLou75
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:45 AM

I agree. I think it is VERY damaging to the individual and to society as a whole.

Quoting Paperfishies:

I think parents who are THAT into their child's sexuality are fucking psycho.

“If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed”.

-Albert Einstein

Trixi.VonLace
Were not doing anything like that, its gonna be private between our children and us. I made a purity commitment when I was younger but after DH and I got engaged I kinda didn't keep it LOL! We are teaching the kids that sex is saved for marriage and we HOPE they will follow that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singlemom1208
They wouldn't be for me or my family. But I do wish my parents had taken more interest in my life (even my sex life) at that age. They just let me do what I wanted. I'm a much stricter parent than they were.

Quoting MIA0223:

Lol!

I didn't watch either. I have seen shows on purity balls and pledges before and they creep me out a bit!

Quoting singlemom1208:

Quoting MIA0223:

Quoting singlemom1208:

Quoting MIA0223:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN