Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

and so it begins... fml. Should I buy a trailer??

Posted by   + Show Post

This week was already going to be chaotic, and now it just got a little more crazy.

My 4 year old had his field trip today, and my 6 yo DD has hers Friday. Jer (the fiancee) has his hip surgery Wednsday afternoon and will be in the hospital for a couple days. He'll probably be pretty much bed-bound for a whole month.

Meanwhile, I was just asked to work from 10-1:00 pm today just. Apparently, the camp will need to be cleaned once a week every Monday morning.

And when I got home from dropping my DS off at school I had an e-mail from the camp director.

He wants me to start cooking for a small group at the camp THIS weekend for both breakfast and dinner! Jeeze... I'm excited, but did it reaaaallly have to be THIS week?

My weekends just became non-existant. Good thing I spent a whole day doing nothing on Saturday.

Oh, and we're also throwing around the idea of buying a cheap trailer in a trailer park in June. Lot rent would be afforadable with what I work NOW (25 hours a week @ Cleaning). It just seems like the more financially responsible thing to do is. I have hesitations living in a trailer, buuuut I see more pros to it than cons.

This is a pivotal time in my life. It's a time to do big and great things, and I feel as if I got my head in the game. The stress, though, has left me with a forever-migraine! I just wish we could go back to before Jer's accident. Him working FT to support the family, and me being a SAHM with a part-time job and full-time student. No money issues whatsoever. :-/

Ahhh well...what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. :) I'm already pretty damn strong, so it'll be interesting how macho I will be after this week!

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:42 AM
Replies (181-181):
.BREE.
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:35 PM

The trailer is $1000. I'd own that.

Rent is $750 for 30 days.

I can afford rent this month, and probably every other month, but it would mean that every single penny I earn / receive will go into rent and utilities. We had a mild winter, and our bill still soared to near $400 EVERY. SINGLE. MONTH. 

I'd much rather live in a trailer and have money to spend on new things like a pair of actual shoes. Or a bike. Gas money would be nice. Or even putting my children in soccer or something. Those sorts of things.

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

I have a question, you have money for a trailor but not to pay your rent?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)