Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

when is swelling during pregnancy concerning?

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm gonna complain for a little bit here, but when is swelling during pregnancy a concern?
I've had a headache going on 5 days now, I got an hour of relief on Saturday when I went in because baby wasn't moving. Today I woke up and the tips of my fingers are purpleish colored, my feet are huge, I have constant Charlie horses in both my calves which are also swollen, and my face is also swollen. I have serious sausage fingers and toes It's horrible, my feet are so swollen my flip flops are uncomfortable because they are so tight on my foot.
I have an appt today at 3:30 and I'm hoping to be able to set up an induction date for sometime this week, I'm miserable. I'm 37 weeks 5 days today and I just want to feel normal or at least more normal than I do right now...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Replies (11-20):
.shank.
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:04 AM
So you went to the er Saturday with your headaches?

You sure do seem to want to be induced pretty badly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blue_elephant
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:06 AM
Unless its bad enough that it is affecting baby I will not have a c section, I've had pre-e before (never swelled up this bad) and as long as I was conscious I was having a vaginal delivery...

Quoting TheMommaJessie:

I would go see another one the purple finger tips scares me I was never that swollen see if you can get in with another doc depending on how bad the preeclampsia is they might not even let you labor they might want to do a c-section.

Quoting blue_elephant:

Unless I go to one of the other doctors in the office, 3:30 is the earliest I can get in with my doctor...

Quoting TheMommaJessie:

sounds like you have preeclampsia. I was that swollen with my son from the very begining and by the time I was 27 weeks I was so preeclamptic that I had to have an emergency c-section. I would see if you could get your appointment earlier in the day.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blue_elephant
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:07 AM
I went because baby was not moving and they gave me pain meds for the headache

Quoting .shank.:

So you went to the er Saturday with your headaches?

You sure do seem to want to be induced pretty badly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toopicky429
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:07 AM
I would call the office and see if you can just go in to the hospital for induction. I wouldn't wait until your appointment this afternoon, a lot can happen between now and then. Good luck and have a safe delivery!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blue_elephant
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:09 AM
I'm pretty sure my doc will say no, until he sees the swelling in person, kwim?

Quoting toopicky429:

I would call the office and see if you can just go in to the hospital for induction. I wouldn't wait until your appointment this afternoon, a lot can happen between now and then. Good luck and have a safe delivery!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMommaJessie
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:10 AM

with you having purple tinged finger tips than I would gues it is probably causing issues for your baby. I wish to God I would have been able to do a vaginal birth but he was frank breach and they said no go :(. Good luck girl

Quoting blue_elephant:

Unless its bad enough that it is affecting baby I will not have a c section, I've had pre-e before (never swelled up this bad) and as long as I was conscious I was having a vaginal delivery...

Quoting TheMommaJessie:

I would go see another one the purple finger tips scares me I was never that swollen see if you can get in with another doc depending on how bad the preeclampsia is they might not even let you labor they might want to do a c-section.

Quoting blue_elephant:

Unless I go to one of the other doctors in the office, 3:30 is the earliest I can get in with my doctor...

Quoting TheMommaJessie:

sounds like you have preeclampsia. I was that swollen with my son from the very begining and by the time I was 27 weeks I was so preeclamptic that I had to have an emergency c-section. I would see if you could get your appointment earlier in the day.

toopicky429
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:12 AM
I still wouldn't wait until this afternoon. Do you still have decreased fetal movement? Honestly I would just go to the OB unit at the hospital you are delivering. I would not wait, you may end up with the c-section you said you don't want, if you do.

Quoting blue_elephant:

Quoting toopicky429:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blue_elephant
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:13 AM
She is in the perfect birthing position, so breach isn't a concern, she seems to be more than happy inside...so I dunno

Quoting TheMommaJessie:

with you having purple tinged finger tips than I would gues it is probably causing issues for your baby. I wish to God I would have been able to do a vaginal birth but he was frank breach and they said no go :(. Good luck girl

Quoting blue_elephant:

Quoting TheMommaJessie:

Quoting blue_elephant:

Quoting TheMommaJessie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blue_elephant
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:15 AM
No, she is moving like crazy now...

Quoting toopicky429:

I still wouldn't wait until this afternoon. Do you still have decreased fetal movement? Honestly I would just go to the OB unit at the hospital you are delivering. I would not wait, you may end up with the c-section you said you don't want, if you do.

Quoting blue_elephant:

Quoting toopicky429:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twoblues
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Yes, sounds like preeclampsia, I had it. I think induction is in your very near future!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)