Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

You may THINK your child is well behaved but he is actually a brat!

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:03 AM
  • 212 Replies
12 moms liked this

This is what I think about the majority of children that I come into contact with.  I dont understand why parents allow their children to: talk back, run around touching everything, argue with the parent, whine, throw temper tantrums, scream and cry to get their way, and just basically be rude little urchins.  I have five children that have been taught that you dont tlak back to an adult, you dont dare act up in public, you may ask for something once and I will either say yes or no but you may not whine, beg, or argue over my answer.  I dont care what type of discipline parents use but they need to be consistent.  I hate standing in line somewhere and listening to a parent/child argue about whether the kid is getting candy or not and then finally the parent will say " Well if you will be good the rest of the day you can have the candy" 

WTH?  I dont bribe my children to behave I demand it...and lord help the child of mine that tells me no or dares to yell at me.  Please people wake up and realize children are not small adults they do not deserve the same treatment, respect, or privaledges adults do.  So why do you allow your child to misbehave? 

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoriLou75
by Lori on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:04 AM
14 moms liked this

I, personally, love my bratty children.

“If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed”.

-Albert Einstein

alwayskk
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:06 AM
8 moms liked this

Every time we go in public, I get people telling me to chill out and let my kids be kids. LOL I don't even think I'm a helicopter mom, I just can't stand noise or kids running around.

bubbbaNbabygirl
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:07 AM
5 moms liked this
my urchins are not givin into or 'allowed' to be brats...they just are :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Winchester
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:07 AM
25 moms liked this

Children are small adults, and deserve to be respected just like any other human being.  Don't respect your children and they won't respect you- it's that simple.

jillbailey26
by Emerald Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:08 AM
21 moms liked this

Eh, all kids have their moments and sometimes, as a parent, you have to pick your battles.  You may just be seeing one moment where that parent is picking a different battle than you would.

And to your statement about thinking your child is good, but they're really a brat.  Couldn't anyone else say the same about your child?

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

JaimieLynn8
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:13 AM
3 moms liked this
Umm. There are lots of ADULTS that don't deserve the "treatment, respect, and privileges" you say they are entitled to.
But to say a child doesn't deserve respect? I say that should be a basic human right regardless of age.
Why are you so worried about if a parent "bribes" their kid? Not everyone's perfect. They do what they can & what works for them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maressa76
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Ummmm...what exactly do you do to your kids??  My kids have temper tantrums, talk back and yadda yadda yadda...and I am very consistant with time outs, spanks and taking things away.  But guess what my kids are very stubborn.  Maybe your kids are just easy?

jillbailey26
by Emerald Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:17 AM
2 moms liked this

Also, don't we all "bribe" our kids at one time or another?  "Eat all your dinner and you can have dessert."  or "Do all of your homework and you can go outside (or play games, or play with toys, or whatever)".

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Mackenzie40
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:21 AM
6 moms liked this
I don't allow my kids to do those things either . But I also respect my kids , not as adults but as people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yezay
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm the same way.  People always tell me to chill out.

Quoting alwayskk:

Every time we go in public, I get people telling me to chill out and let my kids be kids. LOL I don't even think I'm a helicopter mom, I just can't stand noise or kids running around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)