Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

*edit* child support question i live on cali and

Posted by   + Show Post
If my ex has gotten married, do they count her income as well? I only get $63 a month for my 12 yr old. She has been texting me saying "good luck on getting anything from her". Mind u she is a big bitch!!!! She calls my son fat and has turned his dad away. Thank God, I have full sole physical custody of my son.

By the way, you stupid bitches bashing me screw off!!!
I'm not using my son as a payday, I have two jobs, go to school full time, and own a house I just bought 2months ago. I just need help with my son, why is it so bad to ask for that. U would never get Fs or cash aid either I can survive with out that.

Gosh some of u women are fucking brutal. All I did was ask a damn question. I think she is a bitch cuz she treats my son like shit!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:40 AM
Replies (91-100):
stefvan
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:14 PM

No, they don't.  My dad's x tried to do that when he married my mom (42 years ago).  The judge told her if she tried that again, he would hold her in contempt of court.

Why would you even think her income would be counted?  She owes you nothing.  And, I'll leave it at that.

roxysmommy
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:16 PM

They won't count her income. You should call CS and see if they will reevaluate his income, that sounds really low.

Noobroob
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:23 PM
Hmmm..... Since you quoted me I'll tell you why I think she's a twat. She has made it her business to find out what the new wife makes and thinks she is entitled to some of that money. WRONG. All this guy is doing is falling more and more in arrears but that has nothing to do with what the new wife makes.

I'm not bitter. I thank God that I have a wonderful husband and I don't have to worry about this kind of shit with ex baby mamas.

Quoting SnoBuny:

I think it is obvious who here has a hubby that has to pay support, the bitterness is astounding!
"twat using her kid as a payday"?? with $63?? She clearly supports her kid NOT deadbeat dad!!
it is WRONG that a man can marry become a SAHD and get away with paying nothing while him, his wife and thier offspring have everything they need. How is that right??
How is wanting dad, who contributes NOTHING physically in raising the child, to pay a decent amount to help with the financial cost of the child wrong??? 
Dad should HAVE to help support the child he brought into the world and hiding behind being a SAHD should not be allowed!!
The kid suffers and for those that are okay with that are either bitter that their spouse has to pay CS or are just straight up asshats!! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ermka
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:24 PM
Actually, from the experiance I've had with her, she is very pleasant, I would have had no problem with her helping in the raising of my child. I have more of an issue with him. However, they, obviously have no interest in being part of my sons life.

When I married my husband, I accepted that he has children & that I was marrying a man with responsibilities outside. I committed to not only him, but also to his children. I think any thoughts otherwise are those of an incredibly selfish person.

It's not a punishment to support your child.. or your husbands/ wife's child.

Quoting SnapIt:

LAME!

So punish her for his doings? 

She married HIM, not the child. She is not obligated to pay for a child that isnt hers. The ex wife needs to stop putting the new wife in the middle when it becomes about cs.

Funny how the new wife isn't good enough to raise the kid, but is good enough for money for the kid. Funny how that works. 

Quoting ermka:

She MARRIED a man that had a child. When she knowingly did this, she took on the shared responsibilities, financial or otherwise. If she didn't want that responsibility, then she shouldn't have married a man that had a child.

In response to your previous reply. I've never had a problem paying off debts from dh's past. He doesn't have a problem doing the same for me now.

I think it's asinine that the law would allow a man to comfortably live off someone else while at the same time saying he doesn't have the means to support his child, even if those means come from somewhere else.

Quoting Noobroob:

What's the difference if they garnish her wages, or she writes a check directly every month? It's still HER money that you think should be used and counted for child support on a kid she didn't create.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mikiemom
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:28 PM

While I think both mom and dad should support their children. I think it speaks volumes of ones character if you are married to a man who is not supporting "ALL" of  his children to the best of his ability and you general you are helping the individual shirk his responsibility. Sucks and just remember, if he found you to cover his ass for the love of all that is good in this world don't procreate with this asshole because you will be just another hand in the line waiting for him to help support the child(ren) he created.

Noobroob
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:30 PM
I was thinking that same thing. She wants her money, but thinks she's a bitch. Apparently can't understand how the two might be related.

Quoting SnapIt:

LAME!

So punish her for his doings? 

She married HIM, not the child. She is not obligated to pay for a child that isnt hers. The ex wife needs to stop putting the new wife in the middle when it becomes about cs.

Funny how the new wife isn't good enough to raise the kid, but is good enough for money for the kid. Funny how that works. 

Quoting ermka:

She MARRIED a man that had a child. When she knowingly did this, she took on the shared responsibilities, financial or otherwise. If she didn't want that responsibility, then she shouldn't have married a man that had a child.

In response to your previous reply. I've never had a problem paying off debts from dh's past. He doesn't have a problem doing the same for me now.

I think it's asinine that the law would allow a man to comfortably live off someone else while at the same time saying he doesn't have the means to support his child, even if those means come from somewhere else.

Quoting Noobroob:

What's the difference if they garnish her wages, or she writes a check directly every month? It's still HER money that you think should be used and counted for child support on a kid she didn't create.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diegosmom828
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:30 PM
Wow, good to know. Now for sures I'm never getting married lol.

Quoting ShellGardner:

Lol actually they do take the whole thing away my friend got super pissed last tax season because her and her bf filed together because they have a daughter his ex got the whole refund because he never payed cs ever the kid is like 5-6.

Quoting diegosmom828:

They will not take the entire refund away to pay for child support only his part.

Quoting mikiemom:

It doesn't matter why he doesn't pay, they will not make her responsible. However if they file joint tax return you may get the back cs owed to you unless she files injured spouse. Seriously she is the one losing here married to a deadbeat.

Quoting amandabo:

Because he was not working. Now he is so I'm hoping I get some help now. He hops from Job to job when the cs ppl find him so he doesn't have to pay me.

Quoting mikiemom:

No step-parent income doesn't count. Why is CS so low?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:31 PM

I have no clue but I'd keep those texts.  What a psycho.

mich.el.le
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Quoting diegosmom828:

Quoting ShellGardner:

Lol actually they do take the whole thing away my friend got super pissed last tax season because her and her bf filed together because they have a daughter his ex got the whole refund because he never payed cs ever the kid is like 5-6.

Quoting diegosmom828:

They will not take the entire refund away to pay for child support only his part.

Quoting mikiemom:

It doesn't matter why he doesn't pay, they will not make her responsible. However if they file joint tax return you may get the back cs owed to you unless she files injured spouse. Seriously she is the one losing here married to a deadbeat.

Quoting amandabo:

Because he was not working. Now he is so I'm hoping I get some help now. He hops from Job to job when the cs ppl find him so he doesn't have to pay me.

Quoting mikiemom:

Why? Is your bf a pos deadbeat? If not you have nothing to worry about.

diegosmom828
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:36 PM
He's not a dead beat, he pays his child support every month its taken out automatically from his check every week. He owes from when he wasn't working so when he does his taxes they keep it. We file separate so I get my full refund.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting diegosmom828:

Quoting ShellGardner:

Quoting diegosmom828:

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting amandabo:

Quoting mikiemom:

Why? Is your bf a pos deadbeat? If not you have nothing to worry about.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN