Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

is it really that strange to check on your sleeping kids multiple times a night?

Posted by   + Show Post
I never thought it was, and now, I am even more convinced it is not strange or weird. A few days ago, someone posted about this, and a lot of you seemed to think it was wierd to check on sleeping children, especially ones out of infancy, while they sleep. Well, over the weekend a colleague of my mine put her 2 year old daughter to bed, and awoke to find her having a seizure. The baby did not survive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:59 PM
Replies (21-30):
misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Ido quite often and mine are 5,3,1. Many times I check on my kids during the night. I Always have but the amount of stories you hear of kids that are abducted in the night, sids, and even what you have mentioned you can never be to careful.

CrusherMama86
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:13 PM
DS is 3.5, and I still have a video monitor in his room and I sleep with it on...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Yes, I stay up late but I do check multiples times till I go to bed. It's just a habit I have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ddhb2007
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Checking on the child won't prevent this from happening. You could check at four am. The seizure could occur at 4:15 am, and the child could still die. You cannot control everything.
gemini53176
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:16 PM
i agree that if u feel the need to check on the child that many times you should just co sleep.
Prissy_Gurl
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:16 PM

My 3 year old sleeps next to me so I know he's ok. My husband and I will check on the other 3 to make sure they are covered up.

RaynesMommy07
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Quoting atyou:

I always check on my kids before I go to bed. Not weird at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytoeandb
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:18 PM
I rarely check on mine. Maybe when I go to bed. I'm a deep sleeper and don't wake up until morning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4000
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:23 PM

My children are 11 and 8, and at night I still look in on them when I walk past their rooms. It's either before I go to bed, or just going to the bathroom. I don't hold a mirror up to their nose or anything lol. But I do peek in the room just to, Idk, make sure they are still there and breathing. I've never thought it was odd. It's sad what happened to her little girl though.

Hectictracy
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:23 PM
I don't think its weird. Mine are 9 and 7, I check on them a few times a night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)