Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Your a virgin, you get raped, & your 'cherry' gets popped. Are you no longer a virgin, even tho it was RAPE?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:08 PM
Replies (11-20):
Tatum2U
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:12 PM
2 moms liked this

Ugh the whole Virginity thing is stupid !!

Why does anyone even care? Really you could break your hymen riding a bike , what does it mean ? Not a damn thing about who a person really is and that's why it's stupid.

“you know you’ve created God in your own image when God hates all the same people that you do”

.tiffypooh.
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Quoting TotallyWarped:

This.

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Unfortunately, you aren't a virgin. I think you are still sexually innocent though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:14 PM

I would consider the female a virgin...physiologically speaking, no she isn't.

L1558
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:15 PM
2 moms liked this

First, I don't believe in this whole technicality virgin shit.

If you didn't intend to have sex, didn't get a typical experience, didn't WANT it....I consider you a virgin. Anything else seems like it would be a slap in the face. Kind of like folks who determine the worth of an unmarried woman based on her "virgin" status. 

The hymen can be broken using a tampon, horseback riding, bicycle riding, even swimming. Are we seriously going to continue this archaic determination of virginity? Sorry-- this is a hot point for me.

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:16 PM

For me, while I was physically not a virgin (at the age of 7)....the thought was that no one can take my virginity FROM me, it would be something that I would offer....so my mind set was that I was still a virgin (when I became old enough to think about it anyway...at 7 I wasn't thinking this way).

Liyoness
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Umm, so what's the gauge for males then?

Your latter definition is THE definition. Virginity - or lack thereof- is about sex, not hymen.

Quoting squeekers:

once your hymen is broken, technically you aren't a virgin. however I've known kids who ride their bicycles all over and their hymen has broken from that. so, that being said, I'll say if you have sex, whether consensual or not, you are not a virgin.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JavaLadybug
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:18 PM

I would say your not a virgin.. However it is different from losing your INNOCENCE.

You didn't lose your innocence as you didn't choose it! Unfortunately!

erika9009
by New Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:18 PM

No not a virgin.  My sister almost had this happen and her friend (at the same time) actually did get raped and loose her virginity.  Worse yet, her friend got preg.

Liyoness
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:21 PM
And yet you support it...?
Virgin is simply the term used prior to the first time a person has sex- whether consentual or not.
You say not to put a price on virginity, and yet you do exactly that.
Oh I didn't intend to drink and drive, officer. Therefore I am still sober.

Quoting L1558:

First, I don't believe in this whole technicality virgin shit.

If you didn't intend to have sex, didn't get a typical experience, didn't WANT it....I consider you a virgin. Anything else seems like it would be a slap in the face. Kind of like folks who determine the worth of an unmarried woman based on her "virgin" status. 

The hymen can be broken using a tampon, horseback riding, bicycle riding, even swimming. Are we seriously going to continue this archaic determination of virginity? Sorry-- this is a hot point for me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3lilmonsters88
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:22 PM
This

Quoting CrusherMama86:

Your hymen can break while riding a bike...I don't think that determines virginity anymore.

If you are saying "technically there has been a penis in there, are you no longer a virgin?"...I would have to say a rape victim is still a virgin until she consents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)