Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I Never Put my Iphone in a Case

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:24 PM
  • 49 Replies

But for some reason today I felt compelled to put it in it's case like a good Iphone user.

Of course today I would drop it in my driveway walking back from getting the mail.  But hey no worries because I've got it in it's case right?

Nope. My front screen shattered. Not just a crack, it shattered.

UGH. I feel like I should be angry but I'm kinda just laughing at this point because OF COURSE I would put it in it's case and I would break it.  I dropped the damn thing down my concrete stairs and it survived without a scratch.  Now, I put it in a case and I doomed the thing.

So has anyone had the front glass replaced on their Iphone? How much did it cost and was it worth it? Or should I just say F it and spring for a new one......and a better case?

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:26 PM

You can get the supplies and repair it yourself cheaper then taking it to apple. Like around $20 instead of $100.

SlingsAndThings
by RissaBusch on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Oh. Hmm. That would be neat. My husband's pretty techy so I'm sure he could figure it out.  I'm just worried about screwing it up worse or getting scammed.

Quoting mandee1503:

You can get the supplies and repair it yourself cheaper then taking it to apple. Like around $20 instead of $100.

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this
That sucks! I have an otter box and it's great! It sets Te screen back some so it won't land flat on the screen I you drop it. Some people don't like them because they are bulky but I have dropped mine so many times and it's fine it just bounces and I pick it up and go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
P.V.Hawkwind
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:29 PM
My back is shattered :(
I use a cover because back looks awful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandee1503
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:30 PM

There are videos on youtube, and you can find the replacement equipment on amazon. It's a screen, small screwdriver, and a suction cup.

Quoting SlingsAndThings:

Oh. Hmm. That would be neat. My husband's pretty techy so I'm sure he could figure it out.  I'm just worried about screwing it up worse or getting scammed.

Quoting mandee1503:

SlingsAndThings
by RissaBusch on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:36 PM

I nagged my husband to get me one of those but he convinced me it was overkill.

I'm going to kick him when he gets home.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

That sucks! I have an otter box and it's great! It sets Te screen back some so it won't land flat on the screen I you drop it. Some people don't like them because they are bulky but I have dropped mine so many times and it's fine it just bounces and I pick it up and go.

Mrs.Sparkle
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Me and my kids have dropped mine so many times gotta love my ugly otter box!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Not over kill at all! My husband dropped his out his pocket form 12 feet up (why he had his phone up on the top of a tractor I'll never know) and it came out just fine! I also was using mine for a recipe and dropped in in a cup of butter milk and just had to clean the case an speakers it did smell funky for a while though lol!

Quoting SlingsAndThings:

I nagged my husband to get me one of those but he convinced me it was overkill.

I'm going to kick him when he gets home.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StoneColdKiller
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:45 PM

You can order the kit on amazon for $10 its easy to fix.

However if you dont have a Otter Box for your iphone its a waste to put it in a case.

SlingsAndThings
by RissaBusch on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Looks like it's going to run about 200 to fix it. I watched a youtube on how to fix it but honestly, I think I'll probably be cautious and take it to Apple.

I would hate to screw it up even more. 200 isn't that bad if that's what it will really run.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN