Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Are you or your child an introvert? Do you think these things fit you or your child?

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:52 PM
Replies (21-30):
mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Same here !

Quoting shadow_lark:

Fits me. my children fit a couple, but for the most part they seem to be extroverts like dh.

mcr17
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:12 PM

i didnt say it was bad, or that it was always lonely, but it can be sometimes.

Quoting Apollos82:

Introversion isn't bad.....and it doesn't always mean loneliness. Perhaps this is a chance for you and your dd to make friends together, without having to changer her personality. Introverts can make friends, too. :)

Quoting mcr17:

yeah. i know how lonely i can be sometimes, so i would prefer shes a very outgoing person like her father.

Quoting Apollos82:

You don't want what for her? To be an introvert? 

Quoting mcr17:

i am, dd isnt. it fits me but i dont want that for her.

MomToAyla743
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:13 PM
This is me!
caito
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:14 PM

OH SHIT

That's like *me* in almost a nutshell. I'm one of the biggest introverts ever.

My kid is an extrovert though. I'm in for it o_o

MomToAyla743
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:15 PM
I agree that it can be lonely at times, but I wouldn't change it. I have never really thought about this before; pretty cool!
carley43789
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:18 PM
dh, myself and our 2 youngest are all introverts.... Hunter is 100% extrovert.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
storkradio193
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:19 PM

I am an introvert, but I don't think most of the list has much to do with introversion vs. extroversion.  Anyone can want privacy.  Extroverts don't want to be embarrassed in public.  I could go nearly all of them.  The 15 minute warning one sounds demeaning to me.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

kathislove80
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:23 PM
I am an introvert, for sure. These things fit me to a t. I wish growing up more family members respected me as an introverted kid. My parents did, but other family members didn't. Its too early to see if my son is introverted, he's only 7 weeks old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BEXi
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Im an introvert. It explains me perfectly.. My youngest son is definitely introverted as well.

shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Idk about you, but i'm kind of glad they arent turning out to be introvertive like me.  It is a real pita sometimes.  I hate that socializing is so hard for me, and i dont wish for my children to have the same difficulties with maing friends as i do.

Quoting mom_dl6:

Same here !

Quoting shadow_lark:

Fits me. my children fit a couple, but for the most part they seem to be extroverts like dh.

Are you young and married?         Join us in Young Married Mothers; a place to connect with other young moms, get advice or just hang around.  http://www.cafemom.com/group/116197

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)