Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Birth Photographer?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:51 PM
  • 15 Replies
Did you hire a photographer for your birth or know someone who did? How was it? Was it awkward? Or did you just have a family member take pictures?

Dh and I are ttc baby #3. I've been looking at birth pictures online and was upset that I don't really have any from my first 2 - mom and dh and grandma were coaching and it went so fast that they didn't get pictures. I thought about a birth photographer, but I don't know how I would feel about it. Or how dh would feel.

Anyone have anything they can share?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elizabg
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I had a friend at my second birth to take pics.  i love them.  My SO's mom took pics during my third delivery.  I wish i had pics from my first birth.  

alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:35 PM

No. DH took pictures after the kids were born. I didn't want pictures of my labor or delivery.

chickensmommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:37 PM
2 moms liked this
You mean at the birth? Like a snatch photographer?! O.o
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rmfanfgljf
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:39 PM
My brothers wife took pictures, she is no pro and my god that girl got EVERYTHING!! I look back at those pictures and they aren't too pretty lol, very graphic and a part of me I don't want to see again lol. I do have one picture that I love, it was of my son as soon as he was out, bloody and everything but he was literally perfect. I didn't have anyone taking pictures at that angel with my first two so it was new, and awkward
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nerdymom28
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:42 PM
I wouldn't want any pictures of the birth. Gross.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amomynous_j
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:48 PM

ick, no. lol last thing i would want is someone up in my vag takin pics! 

iluvmypreemies
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

No. DH took pictures after the kids were born. I didn't want pictures of my labor or delivery.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QJsmommy
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:53 PM
I had a dula and she room pictures so I have some of him as soon as he came out all gross lol me cutting the cord and that's about it because they had to take him right away. So I'm glad I have them and it wasn't awkward at all, I didn't even realize it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QJsmommy
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:54 PM
I meant took not room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:58 PM

I have birth pics from both of my kids births. My husband took them with baby #1 and I took them with baby #2. Yes, I took my own pics while I was pushing out my son. They are up close and personal, ALL up in the vag area! lol :)

Anyways, I'm very glad that I have those pics, but I couldn't imagine hiring a stranger to do it. mI would prefer a close family member or even a close friend.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN