Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If this is worth anything other than face value. I know nothing about coins, didn't even know I had this.

Do anyone of you know anything about coins, or maybe know if this is worth anything?

I found another one from 1890 ......

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:30 PM
Replies (21-30):
grey7399
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:40 PM

HHHmmmm.... the single C - I wonder if its a worn O.  Thats another possible mint mark, an S is the other possibility.

kansasmom1978
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Hold onto that puppy. It's a collectors item.

Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:42 PM

I can't tell because it is really little, and apparently my eyes suck right now haha

ummmmmmm what is a proof?? LOL

Quoting grey7399:

Ok if you can't see both C's that'll degrade the quality.

But C C is Carson City. (I think thats what he said ) so that makes it $60 - $3000 but the $3000 is very unlikely, especially in worn condition.

And the other coin without a mint mark makes it significantly less.  $22 - $80 Just to tease you a little - if this coin had been a "proof" it would have been worth $30,000!!!!  lol

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

Ok on the 1890 coin there looks like there is one or 2 C's underneath the wreath

On the 1922 coins I can't see anything underneath the ONE

Quoting grey7399:

Ok hubby says they're worth at least $27 in silver.  

He says its hard to put a guess on them by pictures unless the pictures are REALLY good and these aren't good enough.

As Dollars they are worth $22 minimum but he needs to know the mint marks and some other features.

The 1890 coin - where was it minted?  The mint mark is on the reverse under the wreath (he's cheating, he gave me his guide but he's making dinner!  hahaha!)  but he is guiding me.  PLEASE tell me its a C over C mint mark.....

What is the mint of the first coin as well?  That mint mark is also on the reverse below the ONE.

shoot4thestars
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:42 PM

I would think they are worth more.

Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:43 PM

it is just so small it is hard for me to see what exactly it is

Quoting grey7399:

HHHmmmm.... the single C - I wonder if its a worn O.  Thats another possible mint mark, an S is the other possibility.

grey7399
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:46 PM

yeah hubby has these ultra powerful magnifying thingies.  WOW, looking through them makes normal stuff look gross.

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

Quoting grey7399:

mamajmm81
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:50 PM

lol I wish I had one of those right now! haha

Quoting grey7399:

yeah hubby has these ultra powerful magnifying thingies.  WOW, looking through them makes normal stuff look gross.

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

Quoting grey7399:

grey7399
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:51 PM

lynnscoins.com/proofcoin_article.htm

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

I can't tell because it is really little, and apparently my eyes suck right now haha

Quoting grey7399:

But C C is Carson City. (I think thats what he said ) so that makes it $60 - $3000 but the $3000 is very unlikely, especially in worn condition.

And the other coin without a mint mark makes it significantly less.  $22 - $80 Just to tease you a little - if this coin had been a "proof" it would have been worth $30,000!!!!  lol

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

Ok on the 1890 coin there looks like there is one or 2 C's underneath the wreath

Quoting grey7399:

He says its hard to put a guess on them by pictures unless the pictures are REALLY good and these aren't good enough.

As Dollars they are worth $22 minimum but he needs to know the mint marks and some other features.

The 1890 coin - where was it minted?  The mint mark is on the reverse under the wreath (he's cheating, he gave me his guide but he's making dinner!  hahaha!)  but he is guiding me.  PLEASE tell me its a C over C mint mark.....

What is the mint of the first coin as well?  That mint mark is also on the reverse below the ONE.

Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:16 AM

I have some other old dimes that have a pole thing on the back of the dime, know anything about that?

Quoting grey7399:

lynnscoins.com/proofcoin_article.htm

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

Quoting grey7399:

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

Quoting grey7399:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN