Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My 4 year old wants me to take him to a PG13 movie..

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:56 PM
  • 79 Replies

I'm so torn!  As we all know, the Avengers is coming out May 4th!  Then Spiderman August 14th (The two most anticipated movies of the decade!!!!)  DS, who is a superhero in training has been talking about the movies for at least a year straight... I've told him a thousand times it depends on the ratings...  And I finally found out they are rated PG13.  ON one hand, Spiderman (the originals) were rated 13, but they were relatively mild and that was years ago... 

What do you think?  Would you take a 4 year old to a pg 13 movie, something he has looked forward to for a year and talks about almost everyday???  On another cute note, he has picked out costumes to wear (EEK!) He'll be dressing up as his favorite superhero (spiderman) to go watch the movies....

What do you think?

You know you want it

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids were watching those types of movies at that age. To us it wasn't a big deal and they enjoyed it.

Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:58 PM
2 moms liked this
Why don't u go see them first and then decide how you feel about taking him to see them.
michelleinfl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have to see it myself before taking my 4 year old just to see.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:59 PM
2 moms liked this
I would see what earned a pg 13 rating. Although I have every intention of taking my 5 year old ds. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alreadydidthis
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this
This. If it has sexual undertones he might not understand. It might be pg13 for the violence which is what u expect from crime fighters kwim?

Quoting Fields456:

Why don't u go see them first and then decide how you feel about taking him to see them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by Jennifer on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:01 PM

In this case, I would probably take him.

StevensCare4u
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:03 PM

I wouldnt, just because movies now have a lot of bad language & sexual content. What is conciderd PG13 nowdays I think would be concidered R 10 years ago. I think you should see the movie first & if you still find it to "old" for your child then suggest a different movie. But you dont want to get there and you have to cover their eyes and ears the whole time.

DBKels
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:04 PM
Take him! I will be taking my 7 yr old
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bec94
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:04 PM
My almost 5 yr old loves iron man. We will probably take her, during the day though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dipsetgrl06
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I plan on taking my 5 year old to see both of them. He is so excited lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)