Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

The smartest 6 year old EVER???

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:54 PM
  • 14 Replies
Lol Maybe! My niece that is. She's pretty amazing. Today she wanted me to give her a spelling quiz and she successfully spelled words like: Paragraph, exclamation, magnificent, encyclopedia, quotation and irresponsible. Then she was showing off her multiplication skills, 3x6, 5x8, 4x7, etc (all in her head and answered aloud btw). This kid has a freakin' 144 IQ for crying out loud- last tested in Nov and is in gifted 1st grade, reads at 5th grade, 3rd month level...I could go on.

Geez, its a good thing my dd is athletic or she wouldn't have a leg to stand on! Lol (jk-she's 2 years younger).

Just wanted to brag about my niece for a min!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mymuneca
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Wow that's awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:59 PM
^^ Thanks! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:03 PM

very cool

bebe_ju-rah
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:46 AM
:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NCmommie1012
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Wow, that's awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lismore
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 8:49 AM
That's really good. Yay for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
river.red
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:50 AM
I'm glad to hear there is no competition about who's kids are smarter or better. My sis in law is like that and sometimes I just want to throat punch her lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:08 AM
My dd is 2 yrs younger, so there can't be any competition. Its hard not using my niece as a "this is where she should be at this age" thing, but I know that's just not feasible in this situation.

Quoting river.red:

I'm glad to hear there is no competition about who's kids are smarter or better. My sis in law is like that and sometimes I just want to throat punch her lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
river.red
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:09 AM
My sis in laws daughter is a year younger and its bad. My daughter can't sing a song or do anything cute without my sil trying to top it :/

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

My dd is 2 yrs younger, so there can't be any competition. Its hard not using my niece as a "this is where she should be at this age" thing, but I know that's just not feasible in this situation.

Quoting river.red:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Aww No way, we aren't like that at all! It was helpful when dd was a baby to have a kid similar in age to sort of piggy back on. My sil would tell me things that she worked with my niece on and what not. She still does that, which is helpful but now its not so much what my niece is able to do but what the schools expect of them. Its good for us bc dd will start K in August.

Quoting river.red:

My sis in laws daughter is a year younger and its bad. My daughter can't sing a song or do anything cute without my sil trying to top it :/

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

Quoting river.red:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN