Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

He inherited my sleeping habits!

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:19 AM
  • 5 Replies
My son is such a night owl! Like me, he will stay up as long as you let him and sleep later (as long as his sister doesn't wake him up, she's up with the sun no matter what she goes to bed). He normally doesn't fight me to get up in the mornings and is usually in bed by 8:30, sometimes 9. Here lately I've been having to unplug his tv so he's not up all night watching movies! Dh works nights so when he picks them up from school, they all come home and take naps. I don't have a problem with that because I know he needs to sleep and I prefer they sleep when he does.
We've been very lucky with our kids, if they get up in the mornings and don't wake us up, they go get cereal and turn on the tv until we get up.
They don't go outside, don't mess with anything, won't open the door for people. I just wish she would sleep later like he does! Are your kids night owls or do they get up at the crack of dawn??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
wesleysmom08
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:22 AM
My dd loves to sleep in, my boys are in my room between 6:30 and 7 every morning
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 1, 2012 at 1:38 AM

She loves her sleep.  She gets up at 7:30am and usually in bed by 10pm.  She was worse when she was younger since we didnt do anything.  On weekends she gets up about 9am or 10am.

MixedCooke
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:42 AM

well my baby for a while had inherited my work schedule since I work nights and would have some caffeine just before work, so after she was born she was very much a night owl.  Now that she is almost 2, she is out like a light by 830pm and up by 8am usually.

gacgbaker
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:28 AM

My kids are early risers- they always have been.  We used to keep them up to try to get them to sleep in, but we just ended up with cranky kids, so we all go to bed early and rise early.  It really does work out well.  

Enjoy a Coffee Break Every Tuesday with Us!

Reina13
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:59 AM

My little one is pretty scheduled. He falls asleep within the same 15 minute time frame every night and is up every morning just after 6am. Very rarely does he sleep later or go to bed later than that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN