Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

damn computer virus is p*ssing me off

I tried to download a deal so I could watch live radar the other day. it gave me a virus. It keep beeping at me. it won't let me run malware it wont let me back date my computer. and in order to fix it I have to run the virus all the way through and buy the thing to fix it. I can't do shiat with my comp please help

by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:02 AM
Replies (31-39):
Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on May. 1, 2012 at 9:49 AM

You need to restart and load in safe mode with networking download avg restart then run it. then dont click on shit you dont know. And yes people cell phones are computer they will get a viruis from the web like a computer you can also get a viruis scanner in your market for that too

aimhawk
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Can you not start it in safe mode?

blessedwith
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Quoting YeahSoWhat:

How do you get a virus on your phone?

Quoting shanapiv:

Ugh. I have a damn virus on my phone. Sorry I'm no help but here's a bump lol

A smart phone is a computer, and is, unfortunately, going to have vulnerabilities in it's programing.  Someone with negative intent can exploit those vulnerabilities in the form of a virus.

mommasbabies77
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:02 AM
You didn't make a backup disk did you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillianmayasmom
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Certain apps and links can infect phones too. I don't ever open anything on my phone if I don't know what it is and never links. I would rather my really old laptop get a virus than my phone.

Quoting KatieGirls2:

I'm curious too, I thought phones were safe from viruses and stuff like that?

Quoting YeahSoWhat:

How do you get a virus on your phone?

Quoting shanapiv:

Ugh. I have a damn virus on my phone. Sorry I'm no help but here's a bump lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessedwith
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Quoting Tatiana7:

Android phones are windows based OS. That's why you are able to get viruses. I prefer Apple phones. No Viruses.

You are SO smart.....Android isn't Windows based....that would be the Windows phone.  Android is Linux based.  And yes, it is true that the open nature of Android makes it more vulnerable, but you CAN get viruses on Apple devices too..there is no truly and 100% safe computer.

blue_elephant
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Shut down go into safe mode, and do a system restore to before you downloaded the virus, if you can't get into safe mode your comp is fucked and needs a pro...good luck

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Quoting frndlyfn:

What did you try to download exactly, from where?  What malware program do you have?  I am not sure what can be done if it is this infected.  BIL had to take his computer in to get professionally fixed.

it was some kind of thing to make the tv radar live. now I keep getting a smart check thing. the only way to rid it supposedly is to smart check it and buy the virus protector from them. I had another virus protector and I can't even find it now.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tatiana7
by Princess on May. 1, 2012 at 3:05 PM
Gee, I've been told several times now about what OS is for Android.

Never claimed to be "so smart". I just posted what I knew.

Thanks for the info.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laranadtony
by Emerald Member on May. 1, 2012 at 3:13 PM

If it is the virus scan virus or the system restore virus,I just put my computer in safemode and download the virus scan.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)