Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

pdph?

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:51 AM
  • 9 Replies
Post dural puncture headache , anybody have any experiance with this? Symptoms? Help managing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
couponluv72
by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:14 AM

nothing here, but here is a bump

ILive4This
by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:15 AM

I had it with my one and only epidural.   The morning after I had my son (I had him around noon, the day before), I went to a bf class, and suddenly just got so sick...nauseous, horrible headache.   I had a student nurse hanging with me and I said, I have to get back to my room, bring the baby.   He was wheeling the bassinette behind me.   They called in anesthesia to assess me.  He turned the lights down, and changed the position of the head of the bed.   Lowered it, and told me to let him know when I felt better.  I don't remember the position, but it was lower than sitting, higher than flat.   He said I had pdph.  They gave me salty chips and gatorade to try to build my fluid up....caffeine too...and tylenol or something.   They said I could have a blood-patch done, but I wasn't interested in anybody poking around back there anymore.

I was sick for 2 weeks, vomiting and severe headache.  It ruined those fun, first weeks with my new baby.   It certainly wasn't worth having an epi.   I'd had 3 drug-free births already...I'm still mad at myself for wimping out that 4th time.   A few hours of labor was way more tolerable than pdph.

Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on May. 1, 2012 at 5:24 AM
I have no idea what are talking about Please inform me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 1, 2012 at 5:31 AM

I have heard of it but never experienced it.

BlahNomMom
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 1:57 PM
I've had this head ache since I've had DD I've been puking like I have morning sickness but the hospital I was at just said "its normal" and sent me home, but they're also the people who didn't check my dialation before the epidural and I gave birth between getting the epi line in my back and actually getting the anestetic. But it does go away eventually? Or did you do something specific?

Quoting ILive4This:

I had it with my one and only epidural.   The morning after I had my son (I had him around noon, the day before), I went to a bf class, and suddenly just got so sick...nauseous, horrible headache.   I had a student nurse hanging with me and I said, I have to get back to my room, bring the baby.   He was wheeling the bassinette behind me.   They called in anesthesia to assess me.  He turned the lights down, and changed the position of the head of the bed.   Lowered it, and told me to let him know when I felt better.  I don't remember the position, but it was lower than sitting, higher than flat.   He said I had pdph.  They gave me salty chips and gatorade to try to build my fluid up....caffeine too...and tylenol or something.   They said I could have a blood-patch done, but I wasn't interested in anybody poking around back there anymore.

I was sick for 2 weeks, vomiting and severe headache.  It ruined those fun, first weeks with my new baby.   It certainly wasn't worth having an epi.   I'd had 3 drug-free births already...I'm still mad at myself for wimping out that 4th time.   A few hours of labor was way more tolerable than pdph.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ILive4This
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:44 PM

It just went away after about 2 weeks.   I didn't do anything specific except what I already said.  Tylenol, caffeine.  You can get the blood patch, but I didn't want to deal with that, personally.

I'm sorry you're going through this....I totally understand.

Quoting BlahNomMom:

I've had this head ache since I've had DD I've been puking like I have morning sickness but the hospital I was at just said "its normal" and sent me home, but they're also the people who didn't check my dialation before the epidural and I gave birth between getting the epi line in my back and actually getting the anestetic. But it does go away eventually? Or did you do something specific?

Quoting ILive4This:

BlahNomMom
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Thank you for your help I really appreciate it =)

Quoting ILive4This:

It just went away after about 2 weeks.   I didn't do anything specific except what I already said.  Tylenol, caffeine.  You can get the blood patch, but I didn't want to deal with that, personally.

I'm sorry you're going through this....I totally understand.

Quoting BlahNomMom:

Quoting ILive4This:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eema.gray
by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Nothing like a post dural headache but I got my fun first hormone-high weeks ruined by the Tdap vax, LOL.  Three days after getting it, I got unbelievable sick.  Totally spoiled the hormone-high.  ;-)  Thankfully, baby girl didn't get sick in the slightest.

Quoting ILive4This:

Write in Jon Huntsman for President

"People no longer trust that their government is working for them. They see the revolving door between Capitol Hill and K Street, the influence-peddling, the backroom deals, and the crony capitalism. 

http://jon2012.com/issues

ILive4This
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:31 PM

ugh, that sucks :-(

Quoting eema.gray:

Nothing like a post dural headache but I got my fun first hormone-high weeks ruined by the Tdap vax, LOL.  Three days after getting it, I got unbelievable sick.  Totally spoiled the hormone-high.  ;-)  Thankfully, baby girl didn't get sick in the slightest.

Quoting ILive4This:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)