Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

wtf? Saturday Detention, for kindergarten?

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:43 AM
  • 306 Replies
I was informed that me and my kids need to serve Saturday detention for them being tardy. Wtf, they already start school an hour before every other school in this town now they want to tack on Saturday school too. Fuck that, I have other things to do, more important things to do besides this crap!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yayay15
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 8:45 AM
Why are you tardy?

They asked us from the beginning, not that they should have to, but to make sure we are there on time. It's disruptive to the class and they are missing out. My son has missed a couple days from bring sick but never once tardy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
orcadarwin
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

It would probably be better for your child to go ahead and do the detention.  It may not turn out well at all if you ignore it.  The punishment may just get worse, like suspension.

river.red
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:47 AM
5 moms liked this
That's ridiculous and laughable. How old are your kids? Were they only tardy once or more than once? And they want you there too?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fairegirl33
by Melissa on May. 1, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Do they go to school on Sat normally ?

How many times were they late ?

PurplePieguy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Wow! Never heard of that for Kindergarten or even elementary school in general. However, I would go ahead and do it so your child doesn't get into anymore trouble from you not sending him/her.

Autumn19
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 8:48 AM
thats crazy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:49 AM
19 moms liked this

just get them to school in time.

Sounds like you need detention, to help you understand that.

Alliemad_3
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:49 AM
How many tardies?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rmfanfgljf
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 8:50 AM
It's an excuse, but me and my girls are still adjust to the time change, we are from Colorado. School there started at 8:30, we are now in San Antonio, Tx. We are now an hour ahead of Colorado and have to start to school at 7:30, so we are now doing things 2 hours "earlier". Plus shit happens, there are days my girls move very slowly, and there are days they take too long in the bathroom. It's frustrating, and only so much I can do but I can't make them hurry.

Quoting yayay15:

Why are you tardy?

They asked us from the beginning, not that they should have to, but to make sure we are there on time. It's disruptive to the class and they are missing out. My son has missed a couple days from bring sick but never once tardy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
natdsstr
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:50 AM
4 moms liked this
Wow people. Sometimes, shit happens and you can't help being late. Grow up
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)