Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

The pull out method works 100% of the time!!

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:40 AM
  • 52 Replies
1 mom liked this

It does!

If you pull out your appliances every so often...you dont end up with this

We just bought a house and I found this while cleaning. It was also on the side of the white cabinet that the stove was against....pooled up under the stove. The people who lived here before us must have liked to fry foods a lot. Ive never seen so much grease. To make it even more fun....the stuff that pooled up underneath had a nice collection of dog hair stuck in it. Ugghh. It took me forever to clean.

But with the power of Mr. Clean.....water/vinegar...and magic erasers...

TaDa!

by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JaimieLynn8
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Oh God....I don't even want to think of moving mine...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1busymomma03
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:42 AM
2 moms liked this

That is freaking disgusting!! I'm glad you practice the pull out (and clean) method! It really helps to keep a nice clean home when you actually move things to clean behind and under them. LOL

mrsbrimer
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:43 AM

i've never pulled mine out................................................... i dont fry food though................hmmmm

alwayskk
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Yeah, I don't ever do that. I'm always too afraid of damaging the appliances, especially because I don't own them!

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on May. 1, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Eek.

I haven't moved my stove since we bought the place. I have moved the fridge..lol.....I'm afraid of what we'll find.

DH is off work tomorrow, he can do it....haha.

liveforever
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Quoting 1busymomma03:

That is freaking disgusting!! I'm glad you practice the pull out (and clean) method! It really helps to keep a nice clean home when you actually move things to clean behind and under them. LOL

lol My mom drilled it into me. I pull out the stove and fridge twice a year and clean. I dont fry food so its usually just dusty. That damn thing took me hours to clean!

AHmom103
by Alexis on May. 1, 2012 at 10:45 AM

I can't do that with my stove, if I did, I'd break the gas line on it. DH hasn't gotten around to replacing it with a more flexible one, so I'm dreading the day we do get that done. Yuck.

Bianca008
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:45 AM

I would never move without cleaning the sides and behind the stove 1st . Who does that ?

liveforever
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Quoting alwayskk:

Yeah, I don't ever do that. I'm always too afraid of damaging the appliances, especially because I don't own them!

I still did it when I rented. Unless somethings really wedged in, they come out pretty easily.

liveforever
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting AHmom103:

I can't do that with my stove, if I did, I'd break the gas line on it. DH hasn't gotten around to replacing it with a more flexible one, so I'm dreading the day we do get that done. Yuck.

This was my 1st gas stove. Before I did anything I called my mom to make sure I wouldnt blow up the house lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)