Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm going to be a grandma at 24! *update*

Posted by   + Show Post
To possibly 20 grandchildren. Hopefully less, my little Louie is currently incubating 20 ducklings right now. Lol.

Update: for some reason momma duck stopped sitting on them and they died. :( And there were only about 12 eggs. But they were mating again the other day, so maybe they will have more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Replies (21-30):
CrystalDawn2506
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Aww once they hatch you won't mind so much if its 20 hehe. They are cute till they get a bit older and into mischief : P

My Aunt used to have ducks and chickens on her farm and every time those chicks and duckings got older but not fully grown yet they wasn't shy at all . One duckling would peck at my ankles and one would follow me everywhere. The chicks was starting to fly so when you went into the barn you literally had to watch out or one would fly right into you LOL. Fun times fun times.

JacksMom1221
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:41 PM
Lol. I was doing the math in my head and thinking Whaaaat?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:42 PM

We use to live down the street from a duck farm. .we'd find duckling once in a while in our yard. Stinky suckers but so cute

ColieO
by I Rock on May. 1, 2012 at 5:52 PM
Omg they are messy. But kinda fun too. We originally had 3. One either ran away or got killed. We don't know. But we have Shaniqua and Louie left. Shaniqua is a boy and Louie is a girl. Go figure. Lol.

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

We use to live down the street from a duck farm. .we'd find duckling once in a while in our yard. Stinky suckers but so cute

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by I Rock on May. 7, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Bump for update.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on May. 7, 2012 at 1:11 PM

oh no =[

mom2aspclboy
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Awww, maybe you should look into making or buying an incubator for the poor ducklings-to-be, or could you foster the eggs? I had a young momma cockatiel who wouldn't sit her eggs, so I fostered her eggs to a more experienced set of parents.

Apollos82
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:19 PM

I think that means Mama Duck isn't happy with her surroundings.....or her food, or something. My birds did that because of stress. We had cats. 

ColieO
by I Rock on May. 7, 2012 at 1:19 PM
My grandpa tried incubating them when we discovered she'd stopped sitting but it was too late. If she does lay again we will incubate them.

Quoting mom2aspclboy:

Awww, maybe you should look into making or buying an incubator for the poor ducklings-to-be, or could you foster the eggs? I had a young momma cockatiel who wouldn't sit her eggs, so I fostered her eggs to a more experienced set of parents.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by I Rock on May. 7, 2012 at 1:22 PM
They have a pond all to themselves, 2 acres of land and a big coop if they want it. I don't know what else to give them that would be less stressful. They also get fed pretty well. Duck feed plus fruits and veggies.

Quoting Apollos82:

I think that means Mama Duck isn't happy with her surroundings.....or her food, or something. My birds did that because of stress. We had cats. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN