Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm going to be a grandma at 24! *update*

Posted by   + Show Post
To possibly 20 grandchildren. Hopefully less, my little Louie is currently incubating 20 ducklings right now. Lol.

Update: for some reason momma duck stopped sitting on them and they died. :( And there were only about 12 eggs. But they were mating again the other day, so maybe they will have more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Replies (31-40):
mom2aspclboy
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Oh, that's good. I can't wait to see some baby ducklings, they're so darn cute.

Quoting ColieO:

My grandpa tried incubating them when we discovered she'd stopped sitting but it was too late. If she does lay again we will incubate them.

Quoting mom2aspclboy:

Apollos82
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:23 PM

sounds like Duck Heaven to me! 

Any signs of predators? Coyotes, cougars, dogs? 

Hopefully the next batch will make it! 

Quoting ColieO:

They have a pond all to themselves, 2 acres of land and a big coop if they want it. I don't know what else to give them that would be less stressful. They also get fed pretty well. Duck feed plus fruits and veggies.

Quoting Apollos82:

I think that means Mama Duck isn't happy with her surroundings.....or her food, or something. My birds did that because of stress. We had cats. 

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:25 PM

get an incubator so if she stops sitting on them you might be able to save some...you can make one, just google instructions

ColieO
by I Rock on May. 7, 2012 at 1:27 PM
We haven't seen any cougars or evidence of any this year so far, but it is a slight possibility.

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting ColieO:

They have a pond all to themselves, 2 acres of land and a big coop if they want it. I don't know what else to give them that would be less stressful. They also get fed pretty well. Duck feed plus fruits and veggies.

Quoting Apollos82:

I think that means Mama Duck isn't happy with her surroundings.....or her food, or something. My birds did that because of stress. We had cats. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by I Rock on May. 7, 2012 at 1:27 PM
We have a makeshift one, we just didn't get to them in time.

Quoting shivasgirl:

get an incubator so if she stops sitting on them you might be able to save some...you can make one, just google instructions

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apollos82
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Well, I hope it's not the case and this was just a fluke!

Good luck, Mama Duck! lol 

Quoting ColieO:

We haven't seen any cougars or evidence of any this year so far, but it is a slight possibility.

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting ColieO:

Quoting Apollos82:

lilmomma232010
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:29 PM

aww that sucks they died

i became a new mommy to a puppy Friday

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:29 PM

I saw that after I posted, lol...hmmm...maybe check Zeta Paws and see if the have a duck womb or something???

Quoting ColieO:

Quoting shivasgirl:

ColieO
by I Rock on May. 7, 2012 at 1:31 PM
Bahahahahaha!!

Quoting shivasgirl:

I saw that after I posted, lol...hmmm...maybe check Zeta Paws and see if the have a duck womb or something???

Quoting ColieO:

Quoting shivasgirl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmericanChild82
by Chrissy on May. 7, 2012 at 1:32 PM

We have 2 ducks laying right now. One has been on her nest about a week and the other only a few days. Will have to wait until later before I can get an accurate count on eggs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN