Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Wedding

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:33 AM
  • 12 Replies

Did you see your DH before the wedding.... like the morning before or whatever ?

by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stevensmomma
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Yes the morning of and then went to my mothers to get ready and then not until the actual wedding. It was hard not to when we lived together and had a infant I needed to take care of.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Yes. We did photos before the ceremony. Not to spoil it but when you sign the marriage certificate is when you're officially married. The rest is show.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
highlandmum
by Spunky Dancer on May. 1, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Nope, he is very superstitious so there was no way he would allow it.

Fairegirl33
by Melissa on May. 1, 2012 at 11:43 AM

cute :)

I've been married before and we saw each other before... not that I believe in the superstition.. I just thought it might be fun to do play up the whole surprise element.

Quoting highlandmum:

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:45 AM

I want to do that for my wedding but doubt it will play out that way...

Fairegirl33
by Melissa on May. 1, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

I think we are going to for ours.... haha i figure it should be easy considered im going to be at the salon from noon until the wedding.  

DixieL
by Dixie on May. 1, 2012 at 11:49 AM

We got married in a chapel at 11 a.m. on June 11, 1983. I didn't see him the night before. He had his bachelor party and I stayed all night with my sister getting my hair and nails done. My wedding dress wasn't actually a wedding dress, but it was so beautiful. All of my life I wanted a veil, but when I saw this dress the veil went out of my mind, since it didn't come with one. I got to the chapel a few minutes early. We were going to get married outside, but it kind of looked lke rain so we got married inside. As I was passing the part outside where we were supposed to get married my soon to be husband was standing there with his brother, his best man so I did see him five minutes before the wedding. Also when I got married there was no man that I was close to, to walk me down the isle. I didn't know you could have your mom walk with you. I wish so much I had known that. My husband and I walked down the isle together lol

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:49 AM

LOL, we are getting married in our backyard his sister is doing my hair at my house cuz all of our family and friends live in Utah and they are coming here for it. We now live in Oregon.

Quoting Fairegirl33:

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

I think we are going to for ours.... haha i figure it should be easy considered im going to be at the salon from noon until the wedding.  

aimhawk
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:51 AM

We lived together, so it was hard to avoid. And it was just him & I when I picked out my dress. Lol. But once we got to the church everyone tried to keep us seperated. It didn't happen, though.

highlandmum
by Spunky Dancer on May. 1, 2012 at 11:52 AM

I am not superstitious but he is.  I tell him it is all his years playing hockey, his best man was a hockey goalie and I think he would have lost it if we saw each other before the wedding.  His best man is even more superstitious than my husband.

Quoting Fairegirl33:

cute :)

I've been married before and we saw each other before... not that I believe in the superstition.. I just thought it might be fun to do play up the whole surprise element.

Quoting highlandmum:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)