Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

You're not going through anything THAT bad if you can be posting on CM....

Posted by   + Show Post

I've seen this sooo many times.

A CM member is experiencing something difficult, even life changing and someone pipes up with...

"If that happened to me the last thing I'd be doing is posting on CM"

or

"So this and this happened and instead of being with your loved ones you're posting on a mom website? I call BS."

Something along those lines. Its ridiculous. Why shouldn't someone be able to come here for support? advice? vent? isn't that what this site is intended for in the first place?

If something life altering happens to me,  that doesn't mean my friends IRL lives stop. They still have jobs, kids, responsibilities to tend to, There's always someone here on CM with some kind of experience and /or support they are able to give.

So please, explain the logic to me if youre one of the lovely few that spew that BS when someone posts about a difficult time in their personal life, since apparently this website is only for the trivial things...

by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Replies (21-30):
abbysmommy429
by Valerie on May. 1, 2012 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I would never say that, but CM is the last place that I would be if I were experiencing something major.

tennisgal
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I think sometimes you're just looking for something to keep your busy. How many times have moms posted from the er or something. The waiting is terrible and it's just something to keep the time occupies. Or you're not ready to talk about "x" with your family/friends and it's easier to get it out/talk about it on here than with friends and family if you're not quite ready yet. 

I think people can't say "Well I wouldn't do this in that situation," if they've never been in that situation. 

GaleJ
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh I so agree. When my mother was a young wife and mother, of course a SAHM in the fifties, she could always call on and find support "over the back fence" from the other SAHM. It isn't like that anymore and many of us are pretty isolated by how our lives are now. I am home now after many years of working and in my neighborhood there really aren't many people home at all, just a couple of elderly folks and even they are out and about more than they're home. If I want to connect with someone I turn to the internet which is fast becoming the cyber "fence" for all of us to share over now.

Mrs_Szontagh
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:30 PM

oh yeah? i've yet to find a really good one... except my december babies 2012 group <3 

Quoting samirahk:

Lol not all groups

Quoting MissTacoBell:

Because CM is no longer a place of support...it's been hijacked by trolls

_WC_Mama
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:31 PM

I agree,it's pretty sad too

.shank.
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Why?

Is it wrong that others would be here?

What about the situations explained in this post? Some don't have any friends irl.

Quoting abbysmommy429:

I would never say that, but CM is the last place that I would be if I were experiencing something major.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2BeAmy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Well, if something happened to me thats bothersome I will post about it...sometimes blogging and so on can be looked at as a healing proces...like some people keep diaries, others talk to shrinks some people post on CM...

I feel if something happened MINUTES ago yeah its alittle strange you're on here posting when obviously your priorities should be alittle different at the moment..

MicheleJM
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:32 PM
This...I wont post anything on here. If I am depressed before I would be downright sucidual by the time people here get done with me. I wanted to ask for low fat tasty recipes ds11 will like and am already worried...because God forbid you admit your child has a weight problemaround here.

Quoting MissTacoBell:

Because CM is no longer a place of support...it's been hijacked by trolls

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdensMommy1107
by what's my rank? on May. 1, 2012 at 12:32 PM
I agree completely
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeiberHATER
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Females do not support on this site anymore.......... They judge!! I have been guilty of judgment of mothers on here. Honestly, if I did really need good sound advice and support, cafemom is THE LAST place I would come for it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)