Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you forgive your husand with just a sorry?

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:43 PM
  • 26 Replies

Me and the hubby had a huge fight this morning. We don't fight at all this is our first real fight in years. I know I am right and he is trying to blame me for somthing that was not totally my fault, some was his fault but hes making it seem like it was all me. Annnyyway he left this morning we are still fighting and he just texted me with "sorry" I feel like that's not enough like what are you sorry for? I think he should include that if he was really sorry. It's like hes just saying sorry so were not fighting anymore. I haven't texted back yet cause I don't want to be immature about it cause I want to say something rude to him like ohhh how sincere. Anyway my question is if your fighting with your SO and you know your right lol would you let it go on just a "sorry" text?

by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

A sorry in a text, no.  If he were to call me and talk about it, leading to an apology, yes.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

casah4
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:47 PM

No. We would have to talk about it. Just saying sorry in a text isn't enough to let the other person know you understand the situation and are accountable for your part of it, IMO.

WhitleyLyles
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:47 PM
Not in a text.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
terramarie
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:50 PM
not in a text no,but then again when dh and i fight neither of us leave without having made up first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilGina
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:51 PM

well he had to go to work so not much of a choice. lol I just texted him back ok so he'll know I'm still mad. lol

Quoting terramarie:

not in a text no,but then again when dh and i fight neither of us leave without having made up first.

imamom88
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:54 PM

I expect sorry. I know my hubby only says sorry when he means it.

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on May. 1, 2012 at 12:54 PM

a big fight after not fighting for years? There is no 'sorry' text.

if its something like i texted him and was like, "DUDE. you left your stupid towel on the bed again this morning" and he texted back "oops. sorry" i'd be fine because it's not really a fight.

one night he gave me a little bit of attitude and the next day at work he called me and apologized and tried to explain what was going on that made him feel that way. That time I was able to forgive him because he was a man about it.

kagegirl
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Oh no. Just saying sorry does not cut it with me. My rthought is, if I would accept it from my children, I will not accept it from DF. He needs to say it sincerely and about what or NO~!

abbymommy915
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

me and Dh have a thing that is we know who is at blame, who was in the wrong, we have to say something

"I'm wrong, you're right, you're the queen/king of the universe"

kinda an ongoing joke lol

Pink_Sunshine
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Yes but not via text.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN