Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

This migraine is kicking my tush!

Posted by   + Show Post
Ugh! 3 days of this migraine! Ive tried my maxalt, pain meds i ate a big meal, and drank lots of water in case i was dehydrated, but to no avail. Why me! Whaaaaa
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:57 PM
Replies (11-20):
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on May. 1, 2012 at 2:20 PM

I have severe thoracolumbar scoliosis (3 curves) and 2 herniated discs.  One of which is at the very top in my neck.  Soo they are saying the combo of my scoliosis and the neck disc is causing the headaches.  Hopefully, it won't be much longer for me.  I'm supposed to be getting 2-3 surgeries done to hopefully *fix* my discs and spine.

Quoting Susan0805:

That sounds aweful :-( whats going on with your spine? Im not sure what causes my migraines. I have muscle issues (spasms and tightening), i have alot of pressure in my eyes my eye doc thinks i might have glaucoma. And lastly my ent said my head ct showed a thickening iny sinuses and i might nead surgery. Im just over all this mess! Im pretty nauseated too but the meds are at least taking the edge off, im just tired of it after 3 days!

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

I've been having horrible headaches since December.  They say it's related to my spine though.  I never had headaches until now.  They aren't normal headaches though.  I'm not sure if i'm having migraines or what.  But it makes me sick like nauseous, dizzy and sensitive to lights / sounds.  It's so effin weird.  :l  And nothing helps.  Sometimes I have to lay down in a dark quiet room!  Hope you feel better!

Susan0805
by ~♥~Susan~♥~ on May. 1, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Im glad there are surgeries that could help. I bet it must be scary though :-( i wish you all the best!

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

I have severe thoracolumbar scoliosis (3 curves) and 2 herniated discs.  One of which is at the very top in my neck.  Soo they are saying the combo of my scoliosis and the neck disc is causing the headaches.  Hopefully, it won't be much longer for me.  I'm supposed to be getting 2-3 surgeries done to hopefully *fix* my discs and spine.

Quoting Susan0805:

That sounds aweful :-( whats going on with your spine? Im not sure what causes my migraines. I have muscle issues (spasms and tightening), i have alot of pressure in my eyes my eye doc thinks i might have glaucoma. And lastly my ent said my head ct showed a thickening iny sinuses and i might nead surgery. Im just over all this mess! Im pretty nauseated too but the meds are at least taking the edge off, im just tired of it after 3 days!

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

I've been having horrible headaches since December.  They say it's related to my spine though.  I never had headaches until now.  They aren't normal headaches though.  I'm not sure if i'm having migraines or what.  But it makes me sick like nauseous, dizzy and sensitive to lights / sounds.  It's so effin weird.  :l  And nothing helps.  Sometimes I have to lay down in a dark quiet room!  Hope you feel better!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krayzbabylove
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:23 PM
Maxalt, sometimes I have to take more than one :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BabyDamien13107
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:24 PM
Mine are unbearable. I would not be able to Have my eyes open, let alone be online. Lol I'm not bashing though, that's just how MINE are. Anyway, I saw you took Maxalt. How many did you take?

Quoting Susan0805:

Lol. Migraines arent always unbearable, the meds take the edge off so i can function but that doesnt mean im not uncomfortable. I have a family practice doc and two specilist docs. Ive been diagnosed with several conditions that cause migraines, but i guess you know more than my drs!

Quoting Red227:

Stop getting online - maybe that'll stop your migraine.

And you don't have a true migraine if you can type; you just have a really crappy headache.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
priincessz
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:29 PM
I sometimes have to throw up so my headache can go away. I hate it :(

Quoting proudmommy92:

Ugh i have a really bad headache on the right side of my eye. My ryes feel bruised!

For migranes i always get sick and throw up a couple times.. and it goes away.. if i dont throw up i take about 4 advil and ho to bed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Susan0805
by ~♥~Susan~♥~ on May. 1, 2012 at 2:29 PM
Last night i took a maxalt and after an hour of misery lying in bed nearly in tears i feel asleep. I cant take them during the day because i have two toddlers and i work 6 days a week. I woke still with a headache. It's not as bad as lastnight but as the day goes on from experience it with either get much better or much worse :-( right now its uncomfortable but manageable but who knows what later will bring :-( maxalt is very strong it helps but i cant take it during the day. I did take two ultram though. It fortunately doesnt make me drowsy.
Quoting BabyDamien13107:

Mine are unbearable. I would not be able to Have my eyes open, let alone be online. Lol I'm not bashing though, that's just how MINE are. Anyway, I saw you took Maxalt. How many did you take?

Quoting Susan0805:

Lol. Migraines arent always unbearable, the meds take the edge off so i can function but that doesnt mean im not uncomfortable. I have a family practice doc and two specilist docs. Ive been diagnosed with several conditions that cause migraines, but i guess you know more than my drs!

Quoting Red227:

And you don't have a true migraine if you can type; you just have a really crappy headache.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Susan0805
by ~♥~Susan~♥~ on May. 1, 2012 at 2:31 PM
I try to follow the directions, im terrified of overdosing! But i understand what you mean.

Quoting krayzbabylove:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fairegirl33
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:32 PM

I take Topomax daily... it really helps mine.

I used to get headaches for weeks at a time.  Now i only get them every so often.  I also have another med I take when I get headaches... it makes me feel like total crap for about 20 min then I feel great again.

Feel Better !

BabyDamien13107
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:41 PM
Maxalt doesn't make me drowsy. My doctor suggested that if after two hours of Maxalt not working I should take another. Hope you feel better.

Quoting Susan0805:

Last night i took a maxalt and after an hour of misery lying in bed nearly in tears i feel asleep. I cant take them during the day because i have two toddlers and i work 6 days a week. I woke still with a headache. It's not as bad as lastnight but as the day goes on from experience it with either get much better or much worse :-( right now its uncomfortable but manageable but who knows what later will bring :-( maxalt is very strong it helps but i cant take it during the day. I did take two ultram though. It fortunately doesnt make me drowsy.
Quoting BabyDamien13107:

Quoting Susan0805:

Quoting Red227:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krayzbabylove
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:15 PM
One day recently I took three, one every two hours and then finally it went away and didn't come back... Until the nest morning ugh.. took another one and then.it left for good.. till the next one a few days later that is.

Quoting Susan0805:

I try to follow the directions, im terrified of overdosing! But i understand what you mean.

Quoting krayzbabylove:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)