Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
If you and your spouse are seperated and have 50/50 custody, nothing has been done legally, and your both on PA... Can you file for child support??

READ PEOPLE!! Lol neither are working, both live off the government, both have equal time with the baby, nothing has been legally filed for their separation...

Eta: this is NOT for me!! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:25 PM
Replies (11-20):
thehickinhickor
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:29 PM

i do 50/50 and i get support but it is not court order my exx and i do not want court orders 

he make a lot more then me tho so he helps me out  i do not pay support when she is with him but he dose not pay me support when she is with him  

momdoes
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Wanted to add, if the parents persue 50/50, then CS can be set for both to recieve from the other when the one has the custody.

rliperote2
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:30 PM
Depends on the situation and if one parent makes more then the other.

Quoting HeartofGold:

If one of the two parents apply for public assitance for the child/children then the other parent will be gone after for child support even if you do not have a court order unless you sign a waiver that you do not want to pursue child support but then they may not give you assistance.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmc.momma
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:30 PM
Are you married but separated and living off the government?

Quoting rliperote2:

Yeah of course I have kids 50/50 and I get support.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeartofGold
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:33 PM

It would go by that if they were going through the courts. If a parent walks in and applies for PA for their children then the government automatically goes after the other parent unless a waiver is signed. They don't sit down with both parents to figure out who makes more.

Quoting rliperote2:

Depends on the situation and if one parent makes more then the other.

Quoting HeartofGold:

If one of the two parents apply for public assitance for the child/children then the other parent will be gone after for child support even if you do not have a court order unless you sign a waiver that you do not want to pursue child support but then they may not give you assistance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am the group owner of the following groups:

Oregon Moms

August 2005 Birth Club

Car Seat Safety

Antidepressants

Women with Fibroids

If one or more of my groups are of interest to you please click on the link above and join today....see ya there

CheyanneW
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:33 PM
Yes you can. My friend has 50/50 custody and has to pay cs because she has a good paying career and he chooses to stay unemployed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
seksen
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Good question. In my state even if there is 50/50 custody established generally the father still pays support, unless the mother waives it. But my sons BD is on welfare and I don't receive a dime. It went into effect today that he is to pay $0.00 a month in Basic Child Support and 0% in any unpaid/uncovered medical bills. It is 100% up to me and he only sees his child 4 evenings a month. So I'm a little bitter about him being so worthless. The state said since he is unemployed, and is on welfare than they can't take anything from him. I call it "LAZY" Because he is more than capable of working

rliperote2
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:36 PM
Om, stfu I get child support you half wit!! I'm not on pa but I'd I was who are you to judge me or anyone else? I was married I'm divorced !!

Quoting usmc.momma:

Quoting rliperote2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LBoogie0617
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:37 PM

The laws vary from state to state but generally yes you can file. Both my parents are child support judges. If you brought a child into the world you are responsible for supporting that child. The amount of support paid is a calculation of the percentage of the average income of the job the person has in that state. It doesn't matter if they are on welfare although the person may submit evidence of financial hardship to the courts to make alternate arrangements. It depends on circumstances of the case. But yes child support claims can still be filed.

Apollos82
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:39 PM
Holy over reaction to a simple question, Batman!!!!

This is by far the most extreme over reaction I have ever seen on Cm!

She was asking for mor information, not judging! Good golly!

Quoting rliperote2:

Om, stfu I get child support you half wit!! I'm not on pa but I'd I was who are you to judge me or anyone else? I was married I'm divorced !!

Quoting usmc.momma:

Quoting rliperote2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)