Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

ok i get that i went over budget, but SERIOUSLY (vent i've made before lol)

i went $30 over my grocery budget today... it's not like i broke the bank, we HAVE THE MONEY!!!

but prices have been going up a lot and last shopping trip in my effort to stay in budget i ended up with less food then we NEEDED and ended up eating out a bit totalling much more then that so while my hubs might be pissed it was necessary...

but he doesn't see it that way!!! even though anytime he goes shpping with me we end up going over $100 over budget!!! he's still mad..

sometimes i just want to hit him over the head with a shovel until he shuts up and just trusts my judgement!!

and yes i am avery carefull shopper, i utilize sales and buy pretty much only generic unless there is an amazing deal on name brand, and i cut just about every corner i can. i make my own detergent, i cook from scratch mostly, i do not by unnesesary treats or goodies, no sodas or chips, i maticulously by NEEDS, to save money and also make sure we are eating a healthy well balance diet.. and DH is doing weight wtchers which is an added expense that i can't avoid

revengeSiggy

by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Replies (31-39):
saraface5383
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:27 PM
dh isnt allowed to go shopping with me anymore. try that. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
razmatazthespaz
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:27 PM

he has no issues admitting that he CAN'T do better, he knows he's a terrible shopper! but sometimes he just expects a bit too much out of me i guess!!

Quoting kjfamily:

From some of your posts he is a controlling jerk.. You deserve better. Tell him to do the shopping if he can do so much better.

Lizzymomizzy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:28 PM
Does he ever do the grocery shopping? Maybe he needs to do it all himself to realize that he has unrealistic expectations
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
razmatazthespaz
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:28 PM

oh he isnt allowed too anymore either... our argument over the added $30 took place over the phone after i was done shopping.  lol

Quoting saraface5383:

dh isnt allowed to go shopping with me anymore. try that. lol

mcsmom1
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:30 PM

I would hand him the money and the list and tell him to have at it!

I'd be damned if some man was going to jump my ass for going $30 over budget on food!

rockinmomto2
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Geez. That would really suck. My DH never goes to the store with me because he knows that he'll make us spend way more than we would if I did the shopping on my own.

amomynous_j
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:31 PM

=( not cool.

razmatazthespaz
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:31 PM

By himself? he did once! i'd rather not repeat that! lol not only did he go crazy with buying junk, but he also screwed up half of the things on the list like  instead of cream cheese he got cottage cheese, instead of dishwasher detergent he got the liquid dish soap... things like that!

Quoting Lizzymomizzy:

Does he ever do the grocery shopping? Maybe he needs to do it all himself to realize that he has unrealistic expectations

boys2men2soon
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:31 PM

If my Dh doesn't like the way I shop.....he can do it himself!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN