Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I thought I was going to die yesterday,yes litterally (little TMI) PIOG

Posted by   + Show Post

As most of you know I had surgery Mar.19th and ended up with some complications.Which has made it to where i didn't heal as fast as i was told i would heal. For the last 4 days i had been forcing myself out of bed for an hour then in bed for 2.(I would clean or take my dog for a walk) Well yesterday morning i forced myself to get up and make blueberry waffles and bacon for my husband and daughter,then i walked my dog. By the time i got done with those things i was having some new pain. (i had started spotting the day before.So i knew my menses was about to start) When i got back in bed i started feeling some very strange burning in my va ga ga,lol. (yes that's what i call it) I put it off to my period getting ready to start. I always have rough periods so i wasn't worried. Then about ten minutes later i started getting right SIDE,not abdomen, pain.Then throwing up blood. I knew not to call my husband because he had a hail and farewell to go to. He just happened to call while i was screaming,crying ,and throwing up. (Now keep in mind i have a VERY HIGH tolerance to pain) He rushed home and took me to the ER. Because of the pain and injections i don't remember a whole lot after getting there. But i do remember i kept yelling at the ER staff to make the fuc*&% pain stop. It took 2 shots of Morphine (they didn't help at all) and 3 shot of Die Latin(sp). The first shot of Die Latin did nothing and they had to make me wait an hour before the second one. FINALLY the second one started reliving the pain. I really thought i was going to die because the pain was so bad. And guess what?.......they never figured out what caused the pain.I'm still experiencing some of the pain but nothing like yesterday,THANK GOD. Plus my throat and chest hurts now. According to my husband it took them 6 hours to get the pain to stop. And i cried and screamed at the staff and God to stop the pain the whole time.So i guess that's why my chest and throat hurts,lol. I'm so embarrassed for acting like such a wimp. I apologized to everyone except the doctor that was in charge,but that's a whole other post.

I'm thinking it may have been menses related,what do you ladies think?

ETA: I guess i should have said it was my right side this time.Not my left side. Although it did take my mind off the left side pain for a little while,lol.

by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Replies (11-18):
Poohy1975
by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:50 PM

They did a vaginal ultrasound and abdominal ultrasound. They did find a small cyst but they said not large enough to cause that kind of pain. Plus my blood pressure was high,when normally my blood pressure is very low. Oh and they did TWO paps. The first one done i swear i wanted to kill her. She actually  left a small tear she was so forceful.(She's the one i didn't apologize to.) The blood tests were a little out of whack which is why they want me to see my PCM.

Quoting Pink.Frosting:

Oh wow, that's scary stuff.  If I were you I would want an ultrasound of the area to try and find out what happened.  Anything that hurts that bad can't just not be a big deal.  Is your doctor taking it seriously?

Pink.Frosting
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Why was she so rough?  I hate females giving me exams like that, it seems like men are always more gentle.

Quoting Poohy1975:

They did a vaginal ultrasound and abdominal ultrasound. They did find a small cyst but they said not large enough to cause that kind of pain. Plus my blood pressure was high,when normally my blood pressure is very low. Oh and they did TWO paps. The first one done i swear i wanted to kill her. She actually  left a small tear she was so forceful.(She's the one i didn't apologize to.) The blood tests were a little out of whack which is why they want me to see my PCM.

Quoting Pink.Frosting:

Oh wow, that's scary stuff.  If I were you I would want an ultrasound of the area to try and find out what happened.  Anything that hurts that bad can't just not be a big deal.  Is your doctor taking it seriously?

Poohy1975
by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Man i hate hearing that.But i know you could be right. My husband keeps telling me i need to give myself more time to heal because of the complications. But my MI and SIL are coming to visit us and since it's a once in a lifetimes opportunity i want to show them as much as i can. So i need to get back on my feet. My husband would love you for saying that. I'm just so tired of seeing the same four walls EVERY day.

Quoting Clubpenguin:

It sounds like you did too much and need to give yourself time to recover.

Poohy1975
by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:56 PM

I don't know.I guess cause i had already had the two injections of Morphine she thought i could handle it. But i was still screaming and crying at that time,so she had to know i was still in miserable pain. My husband is going to contacting the patient advocate today because of her treatment to me.

Quoting Pink.Frosting:

Why was she so rough?  I hate females giving me exams like that, it seems like men are always more gentle.

Quoting Poohy1975:

Quoting Pink.Frosting:

Clubpenguin
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 5:57 PM
Quoting Poohy1975:

Of course but what fun will they have if youre in the hospital? I sound like someone's grandma lol.
Momma182
by Traci on May. 1, 2012 at 5:57 PM
Wow that's weird
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Frosting
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Good.  I hate it when doctors get a God complex and think they can do as they please without any consequences.

Quoting Poohy1975:

I don't know.I guess cause i had already had the two injections of Morphine she thought i could handle it. But i was still screaming and crying at that time,so she had to know i was still in miserable pain. My husband is going to contacting the patient advocate today because of her treatment to me.

Quoting Pink.Frosting:

Quoting Poohy1975:

Quoting Pink.Frosting:

Poohy1975
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this

My SIL is only 11,so she's the one i really want to have fun. I mean there aren't many 11 year olds that can say they been  to Korea.

Quoting Clubpenguin:

Quoting Poohy1975:

Of course but what fun will they have if youre in the hospital? I sound like someone's grandma lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN