Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Putting this out to the universe, with fingers crossed....

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:20 PM
  • 19 Replies

So, it looks like we will be losing our nanny very soon.  It is a long story, and for those who saw my other post about it, you will understand.  Anyway, we are looking for another live-in nanny.  So, I am putting this out there..... anybody know of an individual (no kids or pets, please) who may be interested in a nanny position for a very sweet little girl? 

by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
swmmra
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:21 PM

where do you live?

JaimieLynn8
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:22 PM
I'm sorry for the whole situation but I'm glad to hear she won't be around anymore! Good luck! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melissa632
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Quoting swmmra:

where do you live?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Winchester
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:23 PM

are you the mother with the pregnant nanny?

what state do you live in?  I would go through an agency...

stephjohn
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:24 PM

what happened

be-healthy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:25 PM

so, I am weird about putting information like my location out to the public, but, I am more than happy to answer anybody's questions like that in a private message or chat!!  

be-healthy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:26 PM

yes, lol, that is me!  and, we DID go through an agency, and that worked out real well  ;)

our nanny is a sweetheart, and I admire her for so many reasons, but today she did tell me she is not able to perform her tasks/expectations because she is just too tired.  

Quoting Mrs.Winchester:

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

If my dd was older and out of Highschool I'd recomend her for u but she aint old enough yet but tha is what she wants to do is Nanny and travel the world. Then go to college and become a lawyer.

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Have you checked sitter city?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Winchester
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Ultimately you have to do what is best for you family.  She is there to perform a service and if she can't perform it than I would let her go as well.  I think you should give the agency another shot... your Nanny was great, after all,  she just ended up getting pregnant soon into employment.

Another idea is websites like sittercity.com or care.com,  you can read profiles and select your Nanny yourself.  It's hard to find quality caregiver's for live-in situations.  Good luck!

Quoting be-healthy:

yes, lol, that is me!  and, we DID go through an agency, and that worked out real well  ;)

our nanny is a sweetheart, and I admire her for so many reasons, but today she did tell me she is not able to perform her tasks/expectations because she is just too tired.  

Quoting Mrs.Winchester:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)