Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Putting this out to the universe, with fingers crossed....

Posted by   + Show Post

So, it looks like we will be losing our nanny very soon.  It is a long story, and for those who saw my other post about it, you will understand.  Anyway, we are looking for another live-in nanny.  So, I am putting this out there..... anybody know of an individual (no kids or pets, please) who may be interested in a nanny position for a very sweet little girl? 

by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:20 PM
Replies (11-19):
be-healthy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:36 PM

yeah, I may check into them - haven't yet.  I am feeling a little gun-shy about all of this right now, and also my heart is still breaking for our current nanny.  And, to top it all off, we leave for Hawaii in 10 days... and our nanny was going with us.  I can't imagine having to tell her she cannot come with us, but I really do not want our vacation ruined because she is, hmm, how is a nice way of saying this, umm, not in great spirits??  

Quoting Mrs.Winchester:

Ultimately you have to do what is best for you family.  She is there to perform a service and if she can't perform it than I would let her go as well.  I think you should give the agency another shot... your Nanny was great, after all,  she just ended up getting pregnant soon into employment.

Another idea is websites like sittercity.com or care.com,  you can read profiles and select your Nanny yourself.  It's hard to find quality caregiver's for live-in situations.  Good luck!

Quoting be-healthy:

yes, lol, that is me!  and, we DID go through an agency, and that worked out real well  ;)

our nanny is a sweetheart, and I admire her for so many reasons, but today she did tell me she is not able to perform her tasks/expectations because she is just too tired.  

Quoting Mrs.Winchester:

are you the mother with the pregnant nanny?

what state do you live in?  I would go through an agency...

Mrs.Winchester
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Personally I would cut ties ASAP because the longer she is with you the more everyone will get attached,  and I do agree that she would put a strain on your vacation.  You just need to let her know that it's business and not personal.  Maybe your husband can tell her!  I don't like those kind of confrontations, either.

Quoting be-healthy:

yeah, I may check into them - haven't yet.  I am feeling a little gun-shy about all of this right now, and also my heart is still breaking for our current nanny.  And, to top it all off, we leave for Hawaii in 10 days... and our nanny was going with us.  I can't imagine having to tell her she cannot come with us, but I really do not want our vacation ruined because she is, hmm, how is a nice way of saying this, umm, not in great spirits??  

Quoting Mrs.Winchester:

Ultimately you have to do what is best for you family.  She is there to perform a service and if she can't perform it than I would let her go as well.  I think you should give the agency another shot... your Nanny was great, after all,  she just ended up getting pregnant soon into employment.

Another idea is websites like sittercity.com or care.com,  you can read profiles and select your Nanny yourself.  It's hard to find quality caregiver's for live-in situations.  Good luck!

Quoting be-healthy:

yes, lol, that is me!  and, we DID go through an agency, and that worked out real well  ;)

our nanny is a sweetheart, and I admire her for so many reasons, but today she did tell me she is not able to perform her tasks/expectations because she is just too tired.  

Quoting Mrs.Winchester:

are you the mother with the pregnant nanny?

what state do you live in?  I would go through an agency...

be-healthy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:03 PM

so, I just glanced over sittercity, and really am not too impressed over the girls available... most of them are part-time college students, and have odd schedules they can nanny anyway.  that won't work, since we need m-f 8-5

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Where are you located? 

.betty.white.
by bilf on May. 1, 2012 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Gosh you've had a rough go of it :/ good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:00 PM
I work for an aupair agency, we have a lot of in country aupairs right now looking for placements!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Due9
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I remember your post. And we are also looking for a nanny. My husband thinks we should use an agency because there is always someone accountable if something (God forbid) did go wrong. And you know the person is professional and this is something they do as a career. I know some that just do it for extra money and don't really stick to it because it's not their true passion.

Due9
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:07 PM

I also want to add that I don't want a younger college girl. I want someone more seasoned and experienced, and mature. Not to say that some college girls aren't, but that's just my personal preference.

be-healthy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Are you looking for live-in or live-out?  Our nanny really was great - but last night, after talking to her, I truly believe on top of being pregnant she is depressed.  But, who wouldn't be, in her situation?  It is so hard, because that is not somebody I want my daughter spending every day with, but I also feel for the girl.

As far as an agency goes... yeah, it is nice to have the background checks done, and find somebody who really had a passion for it, but, as with our situation, you never know what may come up!!

Quoting Due9:

I also want to add that I don't want a younger college girl. I want someone more seasoned and experienced, and mature. Not to say that some college girls aren't, but that's just my personal preference.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)