Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Anybody ever lived in a motel room with their kid(s) for a few weeks?

Posted by   + Show Post
Just wondering if anybody ever has had to do this, because it's one of my only options right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Replies (11-20):
CheyanneW
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:09 PM
When I was a kid for a few months we lived in our car, a tent and motel 6 when we could afford it. I actually have all happy memories from that time. It's much worse on the parents then the kids I think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabear052004
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:10 PM
2 moms liked this
Im doing it tight now we just paid our 5th week I have a 7 and a 5 yr old.and im expecting as lo.g as you and you child/ren are safe that is all that matters its not easy but you can do it I meet this other mom here who has been her for almost a year with her kids and she couldnt be happier the kids ate happy just make the most of it I keep telling myself we have befs and a nathroom and we have a roof over our heads food in ouf bellys and we have eachother you are not alone
MIA0223
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Yes. We moved to nj, had a lease signed and everything.
Well, it took the landlord a month to get it ready for us to be able to move in. So that's one month in a hotel!
It sucked!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmberMerrell
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Lol we'll be staying at a Motel 6.

Quoting CheyanneW:

When I was a kid for a few months we lived in our car, a tent and motel 6 when we could afford it. I actually have all happy memories from that time. It's much worse on the parents then the kids I think.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Uhura
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Not with my kids, but when I was a kid with my family. We had a house fire and they put us in a hotel for a couple of months.

Absolutely not fun, though it was nice to have a pool nearby.

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

angie729
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I did for a week when I left my now ex husband. It wasnt bad. They had a pool and the kids actually had fun.

momoftatertots
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:12 PM

We do every 3 years, we are military and when we get to a new place we are stuck in a hotel for how ever long it takes to find a home. Last time we moved out of one house, drove to visit family for 2 weeks and we all slept in the same room then drove to AK that was another week of hotels then finally arrived only to spend another week it was a total of 4 weeks with out a home.

MIA0223
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:13 PM
I believe that because it's been a year since we had to live in one and DD always says she wants to live in a hotel again! Lol!
She had it made!
Fast food everyday, able to watch tv in bed, still had all her toys and favorite things to snuggle with!

Quoting CheyanneW:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AJB163
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:13 PM
This. Do what's best for you and those babies, even if you're in a hotel room for a little bit. Gl

Quoting Derari:

It won't be the end of the world, you do what you have to to keep you and your kids safe. Lots of hugs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:14 PM
I did when i was a kid because my parents house that they were building wasnt done on time and our other house sold reallt fast! I loved it. I thought it was fun! I was 12
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)