Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

(edit to clarify) WWYD? My landlord wants to show the house!

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:23 AM
  • 51 Replies
My landlord wants to show his friend...who happens to be a realtor...our house on the 17th...

I kind of want to tell him no, because I don't trust that he isn't putting the house up for sale!

What should I do?? :-/ We have a lease until September, but it stipulates that he can break it at any point.

Grrrrr! I'm pregnant and sick ALL THE TIME. I do NOT want to her my house ready for my landlord and a realtor to walk through it.

Edit to clarify: He asked for two hour in the house with his friend...two hours to do a walk through of a house the realtor sold to him in the first place. WTF?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LovelyBugs
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this

not much you can do...sorry...but I'll bump for you and maybe someone else can give you some suggestions

savannahmom2011
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:25 AM

there is nothing you can do. if it says in the lease that he can break it at anytime then he can do what he wants. sorry i know that is not what you want to hear but you dont have a say

Apollos82
Thank you!

Quoting LovelyBugs:

not much you can do...sorry...but I'll bump for you and maybe someone else can give you some suggestions

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katenemsmom
1 mom liked this
Your landlord can enter as long as he gives you notice and he is giving you plenty. I don't think you can do a thing about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
turtle07
by Rhiannon on May. 2, 2012 at 1:26 AM
Our last landlord would text (not call but text) us at 9, 10pm if not later informing us that she was showing the house the next morning at 8 and that we needed to be gone. Or she would just have people just stop by no warning nothing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
comf
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:26 AM
Not much you can do, except act super nice and pregnant to them so they like/pity you and wait until the lease is up to sell.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apollos82
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:27 AM
Honestly....I hate this house and wouldn't care if we had to move, we would hav thirty days and all...but I don't want to have to clean it to sparkling (there's no where to out stuff because it's so small, so we still have one room that's just boxes!) and thn be gone for twho hours like h asked. What the hell is he doing in my house for two hours?? It's bed enough he shows up in my yard at six am to plant flowers that then I have to pay to water!

Quoting savannahmom2011:

there is nothing you can do. if it says in the lease that he can break it at anytime then he can do what he wants. sorry i know that is not what you want to hear but you dont have a say

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on May. 2, 2012 at 1:27 AM
There nothing you can do. He just have to give 24 hour notice to enter his house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apollos82
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:29 AM
That's what I'm afraid of. I don't care if he sells. Thing stay on the market for YEARS in this town...I have no fear of having to move and frankly I hate this place. I just also hate the idea of my landlord and a stranger in my house for TWO HOURS without me, like he requested.

Quoting comf:

Not much you can do, except act super nice and pregnant to them so they like/pity you and wait until the lease is up to sell.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
opal10161973
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Remember next time to check the lease and make sure they can't do this.  In this situation, there is nothing you can do. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)